Yes, I've been out of the loop forever! I guess it's partly due to the fact I have a 5 week old and partly just not feeling in the mood to blog about anything....I know that sounds bad, but I've just lost my groove :( Maybe I'll get back in the swing of things?!
- Nolan is just a peach.....seriously this kid is VERY, VERY content. Now I don't know if it's just the fact that I'm comparing him to Donnie who was NEVER content as an infant (unless being held), who was allergic to his formula's for the first month of his life, who didn't like to sleep at all during the day, who was probably in medical terms a bit "colicky"..... or if Nolan really is just a low-key chilled out little man....Hmmmmm dunno?? We've decided since Nolan's been born to call Donnie "our high-maintenance child" hehehe!!! (My hubby likes to say, Donnie took after me & Nolan is just like him......whatever!)
- Donnie has had some "adjusting"/time-outs/spankings/scoldings(stressed out mother yelling) to do since Nolan has been home.....like.... not throwing the ball at the babies head, don't try to pick him up when he's crying, don't walk by his bouncer and kick the back of it because you don't think I'm watching(little shit), don't squeeze water out of your rubber ducky into Nolan's face when he's in the bath, don't squeeze his feet when he's laying down......and the list goes on!!! For goodness sake's just leave the poor boy ALONE!! Thank.you.very.much! As you might be able to tell Donnie hasn't been to fond of a new little man invading his territory. Oh well, he's here to stay!!
- Breastfeeding Nolan has been....Ummmm, well, a bit of a challenge. I do like the fact that he latched on right away, and the fact that he's able to get all those extra nutrients from my breast milk. But, I don't like the fact that I don't have a huge milk supply, therefore making it hard to pump to have bottles when I'm gone...leaving me as the sole feeder ....UGH!! Which has left me with the alternative to supplement with formula...which he seems to do fine with and takes it from the bottle like a champ, but for some CRAZY reason I feel guilty about it, CRAZY I tell ya! And the even CRAZIER part is the fact that Donnie never nursed....I pumped for a month and then he went on formula, he's a happy, healthy 2 year-old. so, don't ask me what my issues are with giving Nolan formula....I really couldn't tell you.... (P.S. I'm not looking for a debate: breast milk vs. formula, I'm just simply sharing my feelings)
- Oh, I almost forgot, I had an interview for a teaching position at a private school here, for a 3rd./4th split teacher. I interviewed on Tuesday night, which I thought went really well and I should hear something by this weekend or early next week. I didn't even know about the position, I had someone from the school board call me and ask me to put my resume in and interview the following day.....it just sort-of fell in my lap. I'm not really putting to much thought into the position seeing as though I'm already employed and don't really "need" this job. But, I will say, I would LOVE to get it, I would be able to get the He$% out of my school district and into a MUCH less stressful position. I guess if it's meant to be it will happen.....we shall see!
- Last off.....I'm going out-of -town this weekend to a Casino in Mount Pleasant. I'm leaving Sunday and staying the night there with my cousin, my mom, two aunts, and grandma.....we thought it would be fun to do a girls night without kids or spouses(even though it is Father's Day, we didn't know when we planned it...wooops!), WOOOO-HOOOO I'm SO excited and READY to get away for the night!!! Ahhhhh, relaxation and a FULL night's sleep!! I'm not a big gambler so at first I was thinking what the heck am I gonna do.....But, then I found out they have a fabulous spa and I new exactly where I would be spending most of my time & money!! haha!!
Anyways, that's about it for now....hopefully, it won't take me as long to get back with a new post next time!