Tuesday, August 28, 2007
So, at the shower I was talking to Lindsay's husband, Dave .....who is the new Superintendent at Michigan Center School District, it actually blew me away to find that out....seeing as though he is only 33yrs. (maybe 34), and that is super young to already be Superintendent...WOW, way to go Dave!! Okay, on with the story....I jokingly, well kinda jokingly, asked if he had any positions available that I could interview for..... and he said sure, he thinks there might be a fifth grade position opening up in the fall and to send all my stuff directly to him. I did tell him I'm already hired in at Jackson Public, but on layoff and not knowing what's going to happen in the next few weeks, and a little fed up with the politics of working in such a big district. But, I also wasn't ready for him to tell me to send him my stuff (resume, letters of rec., teaching cert.)....Oooopps, what did I just do!?
My dilemma is.....if and when I do get called back to JPS (if it's this school year), I'm most likely going to job share (work part-time) with a second grade teacher at Bennett, which is what I've always wanted to do! But, I'm also not really positive how long this teacher is willing to do this with me.....maybe 1 year, possibly 2 or 3 yrs.? It's a really great scenario for this coming year though.....but, then the summer hits and I'll be laid-off once again.....ughhhh!! On the other side......if I did work for Mich. Center Schools I would probably never have to worry about this limbo mode, with the lay-off situation I am currently in right now. I would be at a much smaller district and there are some positive aspects to that type of district for me. But, would I ever find a teacher to job share with me?? This would mean another year of having to work full-time, maybe longer.... until, if and when, I found a person who would want to job share....Yikes!! All of these unknowns!!
Aiy, yi, yi !!! I don't know what to do??? Did I just create more confusion for myself??
Okay, I guess I'm way jumping the gun on this thing...I haven't even sent Dave my stuff yet and I haven't even been offered an interview...LOL!! But, I'm pretty sure I'm going to send him my info. and just see what happens......heck, I might not even be called for an interview, ha!, that would make my decision really easy!! And who's to say I'd even be offered the job if I did interview.?....I can't get too ahead of myself on this one.
Friday, August 24, 2007
So, tomorrow is the baby shower I've for some insane reason decided to host (haha!), I'm a little nervous about all the preparations.....just making sure everything gets done and my house is looking flawless before everyone gets here (though, with having a 19 month old that will virtually be impossible).... I've been running around today like a mad woman! The shower is for two of my high school friends....Lindsay(Mizerik)Tebo & Jackie(Gallant) Straub, along with the "click" that we hung out with in high school. I think it's going to be about 16 total, husbands/boyfriends included, but probably only Donnie for kids, maybe Brady Tebo (Linds's little one), only the two of us have kids (soon to be 3 of us). It's kinda crazy cause we're all 26/27 yr. old and only 2 out of the 8 of us have kids, and only 3 of us are married (soon to be 4), okay, maybe not crazy everywhere, but in J-town it's odd to be 27 and single(no divorce)/no kids! ....Many of them have focused on careers and the city life.....and I say good for them, you only get to do it once, so live it up girls!! Oh, yeah speaking of living it up, I'm also a little nervous because the "city" girls are used to livin' it up on the weekends and I'm just a light-weight, being a mommy and all....I rarely drink more than a beer, but I'm gonna have to step up my game tomorrow night, (well, I do have the preggo's to hang with!! Hehe!) **Yay!! I'm really excited to see all my girlfriends from way back when....
Anyways, I've gotta go and finish a few more things before I go to bed. Wish me luck, and good weather for tomorrow!
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Like today, I watched Oprah (Yea, I'm an Oprah fan), and she had quests on who had made a difference in someones life....a viewers life, who watched the show and was touched by a guest Oprah had on her show, then they met on today's show. One story was about a woman who lost her 16 year old son to a house fire, and while watching Oprah one day she saw another woman who lost her son to an accidental shooting when he was 10....basically, because she watched the show, she found strength in someone else who had shared the same tragedy. So, while I was watching I started to cry....tears of sadness I felt for both women, the unfathomable circumstances they faced, and how unimaginable my life would be without my little boy in it.....
Then, I've also been thinking about having another child lately, then I think about Donnie and when he was an infant and how grateful I am to have him in my life.... I think about how lucky I am to have my husband, son, and the family we've created. And I get all teary eyed.
Seriously, what the heck is going on?? I've been feeling like if I hear of something or see something or think of something, I might just shed a tear..... maybe I'm PMSing? I guess I better not watch Oprah tomorrow!!
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
1. Do you like cheese? oh, yeah
2. Have you ever been arrested? Nope
3. Have you ever shot a gun? No, I've felt like it though....
4. Your favorite song? "What a wonderful world"....Louis Armstrong
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? A little, depends on which Dr.
6. What do you think of when you eat hot dogs? Seven-Eleven, Ha!Ha!....Heather
7. What's your favorite Christmas song? Don't have one
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?Coffee
9. Can you do push ups? sure can, but I don't
10. Is your bathroom clean? Ummmm....kinda!
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? I have a lot of necklaces I like, can't pick just one
12. Favorite Hobby? Shopping - if that's considered a hobby.?
13. What are you listening to right now? the T.V
14. What is the last thing you ate? Spaghetti
15. What one trait do you hate about yourself? judgemental, at times
16. Middle Name? Ann
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? 1- Is there anything on T.V tonight that I'll wanna watch. 2- I think I'm going to put on my P.J'S. 3- I hope I can stay at Bennett Elementary if I get called back to school soon....
18. Name the last 3 things you have bought. 1-A sweatshirt for Donnie. 2- Onsies, for a baby shower game (I'm having a couples baby shower on Sat.) 3-A pair of earrings.
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. Coffee, Diet Coke, Water.....Alcoholic.....Beer- whatever is on hand, I'm not picky!!
20. Current worry right now? Duh.....work / lay-off call back!!
21. Current hate? I'm pretty happy at the moment, ask me tomorrow.
22.Favorite place to be? A salon, getting pampered....Ahhhhh!
23. How did you bring in the New Year? With my in-laws at their cabin!
24. What is your quirkiest habit? I can't have chipped nail polish on, my fingers or toes.....it drives me insane!!
25. Name three people who will complete this and Return? Ummmm....maybe Leslie, Kasey, & E.J.???
26. How many siblings do you have? 1 brother
27. Do you own slippers? Yes, I have them on right now
28. What shirt are you wearing? a yellow short sleeve with a white sweatshirt hoodie
29. What shampoo do you use? Whatever is on sale
30. Favorite color? Don't have one
31. Would you like to be a pirate? No, that's a silly question
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don't
33. Favorite female name?at the moment Isabella
34. Favorite male name? at the moment Michael
35. What's in your pockets right now? nada
36. Last thing that made you laugh? my son
37. Best bed sheets as a child? Ummm....white, I think
38. Worst injury you've ever had? Sprained ankle
40. How many TVs do you have in your house?2
41. Who is your loudest friend? Probably, Elizabeth...hehe!
42. Who is your most silent friend? I don't think any
43. Does someone have a crush on you? my son & husband
44. Do you wish on shooting stars? I've never seen one
45.What is your favorite book? Tuesday's with Morrie
46.What is your favorite age? anything between 6 & 14, my elementary years where fun and carefree!!
47. What song do/did you want played at your wedding? How terrible is this, I can't remember...haha!
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? I've never thought about it....I guess, I don't really care
49. What were you doing at 12 am this morning? sleeping... Zzzzzz
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Why is Donnie up it's 5:50 A.M...where's the coffee?
**Oooopps, how'd I miss #39? Where'd it go??
1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.
2. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of their middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had. ***IF you have already done your middle name than do the State that you live in with new adjectives!*****
3. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post containing your own middle name game facts. ***Or state if you have already been tagged before!***
4. At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Well, my middle name is Ann :
A- Anxious. That's how I feel right now about work and my lay-off situation. I just wanna get called back to work and take away my anxiety....ughhhh!
N- Nutty. Okay, sometimes I feel a little nutty...you know when things in life get a little hectic, or chaotic....I go a little nutty!
N- Nurse. Before I decided to become a teacher, I wanted to go to nursing school. I still think it would be a great profession to go into, very fulfilling.
**Okay, I'm tagging:**
Monday, August 20, 2007
....It's been raining now for 2 days straight...ALL day! Okay, so maybe two days doesn't seem like a lot, but when your stuck in the house with a 19 month old all day it seems like forever! Actually, yesterday Donnie was at my mom's most of the day, (Don & I finished working on our family room downstairs)...... okay never mind, I guess I can't really complain about yesterday, but being stuck in the house all day TODAY with my little outdoors man really stinks, we were both going stir crazy! I'll have to plan an indoor activity for us tomorrow if it's still raining.......
- Had too many snacks
- Watched too much T.V....
- Was ignored for a while....so I could blog & read blogs (how terrible is that?!)
- Was bribed with chocolate & markers
- Had a free-for-all with his toys in the basement
- Ate off the tip of a crayon
- Thought Maci's kitty litter was a sand box (Eeeewww, I know!)
Friday, August 17, 2007
**Husband, I know you're out there reading this, I'm expecting at least one comment from you this week!! Ha!Ha!
**Hey thanks Denise for being my first commenter.....I'm so excited, I haven't heard from you yet!!
Thursday, August 16, 2007
So, on with my topic.....I think one of the main reasons I think about having twins, is because they run in my family......my mom is an identical twin, also the old saying that it skips a generation(which would fall on me), and twins run on my grandfather's side of the family....at least 3 sets. But, it scares me to DEATH to think of double duty, double diapers, double car seats, double high chairs, double middle of the night feedings, double cribs.....double, double, double, the list goes on. To know how much work one is and then to add another one to the equation - makes my head spin!! Then on the flip side, I also think it would be so neat to have an instant playmate when you get older, a natural built in friendship (most of the time), and to have this incredible genetic bound that only another twin could understand.....how cool!!
I love to hear twin stories.....my mom has a few really interesting stories about her and my aunt, the one that sticks out the most to me is when she was on vacation with a friend in Tennessee... She new that my Aunt Gwen was going to be delivering her baby around the time she would be coming back from the vacation, but midway through her trip she told her friend that they HAD to drive home because her sister was going to have her baby. My mom had not spoken to my Aunt since she left, but she said she just had this incredible sensation that she had to get back because my Aunt was going to deliver......sure enough my aunt was in the hospital when she got home and had her daughter a few hours later.....isn't that crazy!? I've also heard about twins who say they can actually feel the pain of the other twin, and as strange as that may seem I truly believe it.
I also, think it's funny to look at the two completely separate personalities they have. Usually there seems to be an outgoing one and a shy one, or a mischievous one and a good one, a bossy one and a follower.....amazing for two little beings to share the same wound for 9 months and be so different yet so alike.
Anyone else heard of amazing twin stories? Or have ever really wanted twins?? Or has twins/is a twin?? Know people who are twins??
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Friday, August 3, 2007
**I'll be MIA again in the blog world, we will be in the U.P. for a weeks vacation.....Ahhhhh, another vacation!!! Just in case anyone cared...LOL!!**
Thursday, August 2, 2007
So, I am at Don's soccer game tonight and I run into a fellow teacher from my staff at Bennett last year. We got to talking about the Fall, since it's right around the corner, and she says there have been a lot of changes in our building, which I was semi-aware of and that it didn't look so good for the lay-offs in the Fall being called back. Basically it was a kind way of letting me know there will be a good chance I will not be called back for the following school year......Ahhhhhh!! Are you flippin' kidding me! What the Hell!! That's what I wanted to say, but I'm just trying to still talk positive about the upcoming year. Then of course after she leaves the thoughts just start running through my head:
- when will I actually be called back from lay-off?
- how long will my unemployment last?
- will I be called back in the middle of the year-YUCK!! And who knows what the kids will be like at that point in the year.....
- we just bought a new house with a higher mortgage payment!!
- will we be able to have another baby anytime soon??.....we REALLY need my insurance to have another child!
- is job-sharing still even an option for next year??
- uhhhhh...hello, what about student loans!!
- why in the world did I ever take a job with JPS....I knew this was going to happen!!
Okay, so these were just a few of the random thoughts running through my head at this point. And to top it all of, I still have to go back to school, I need to get another 18 credits to keep my teaching certificate.... and soon. I was going to try to start soon, maybe next summer....but, will I even be able too, that will mean another student loan....uhhhh! I guess the only good thing about me going back to school is that I think I'm going to work on my Masters at Eastern Michigan University in Speech Pathology (basically a speech teacher) something other than **education, well sort-of. I've been considering doing this for a while, but it's a 3 year program**gulp** and that is what was holding me back a little....3 years, uhhhh.. how will I fit that into my life??...that's a lot of schooling!! But, the more I think about it it's not looking so bad after all. Well, I should explain that it is a profession that is in VERY high demand, which means job security-YEAH!!! NO lay-off!!.....ton's of kids getting tested and needing speech & not enough teachers, another bonus is it will be a pretty hefty increase in salary.... that's always a plus! I became friends with our speech pathologist at school and the more I found out the more appealing it was sounding, so now I actually might have to start looking into this a little more in depth.
I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the reality off it all, the fact that I spent almost 5 years studying, working, student teaching, trying to get ahead and then look what happens!! I am just really pissed that you can actually go to college put yourself in debt up to your butt-hole and then feel like....what the hell did I do that for, either I'm laid-off or I don't have a job....what the F*%#....you've gotta be kidding me, this must be a joke!!
Well, anyways those are my thoughts for Thursday....not anything great, basically just a bitch fest and pity party for myself...sorry, if you were in a good mood I probably just ruined it! I know some of you are in a very similar boat as I am (N.B.) and I feel your pain. Anyone else feel like throwing themselves a pity party about something??....go right ahead this is a perfect opportunity to do so. Now that I've probably scared everyone away from my blog.....I better go and eat some ice cream.....always a stress reliever..LOL!!
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
* watching T.V. & vegging out on the couch
* eating ice cream
* painting my nails
* just basically doing nothing and being a slouch!
Tonight what I need to be doing is:
* finishing laundry
* cleaning up the kitchen
* picking up the WHOLE house....it's a mess
* putting the clean laundry away
* feeding & watering all my plants outside
* cleaning the bathrooms
* organizing my closet
** okay, I've decided to go with my first list.....what I feel like doing!! **
I'm off to go and do nothing......goodbye.