Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Anyways, current updates:
* As of right now at this very moment......NO sex of the baby will be told at our next ultrasound in 3 weeks.
* Work is going okay....like I said earlier, I have a challenging room and some kids that I have are carrying more on their shoulders than I can even imagine. But, I'm adjusting to my current school and environment, so it's getting easier everyday. In fact I think I'm going to stay there next year to job share with the Kindergarten teacher....she's pregnant and due in early June. YAY!! It might just be a blessing in disguise that I was placed at this school this year, it's so true that everything happens for a reason.
* Pregnancy is going well, thus far. I've been experiencing some cramping (no bleeding)....I think I might have another UTI, who knows, I actually have a Dr. appt. in a few hours so I'll be able to ask him what this is all about.
* Donnie is great....such a cutie. He had a great Thanksgiving playing with all his cousins, he acted like such a big boy. He also now refers to himself as "Big D" in a low manly voice....my husband started it by calling him "Big D.", so now Donnie refers to himself and my husband as "Big D". Once in a while he even calls his Dad "Don", it's too funny.
* And Don....I think I should include him, since he is part of our everyday lives around here. Over Thanksgiving Don and I had a really fun night out at Daryl's Downtown with some of our old friends from High School.... there happened to be a ton of people from Lumen there that night so it was like a Lumen Christi reunion, it was nice to see people I hadn't seen in a long time. Don had a LATE night -3 AM. to be exact w/some old friends and his brothers! And yes, he was paying for it the next morning, when we were all up at 6:30 AM...Ooooopps! (God says, "you'll pay for your sins") hehe!! But, he knew I had plans to do X-mas shopping & didn't even complain about me leaving for the afternoon..... GOOD JOB DAD!! You're a trooper! He's also doing a little investing with his Dad....a new business venture. Good Luck Hubby!
Okay, I've gotta go and get ready for the Dr.'s. Hope everyone had a great Holiday!!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
*The meme: 7 random facts about me
*The rules:Link to your tagger and post these rules.
*Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
*Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
*Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
1. I only wash my hair 3-4 times a week. I know it may sound gross, but it's actually very healthy for your hair to have the extra oils in them, and I have super brittle/dry hair....when I used to wash it everyday it was SO damaged.
2. I don't care for anything with coconut in it. I've tried and tried to find something I like with coconut, but I just don't care for it.
3. I always wanted 3 children, but that dream may be changing here soon...? We'll, have to see after the next one.
4. I love olive loaf (especially now that I'm preggo)...it's bologna with green olives sliced up in it. Just olive loaf and plain white bread with mayo.......YUMMO!
5. I feel like I'm on the right path in my life at this moment in time. I really feel content with the people and things in my life right now....this is where I'm supposed to be.
6. I'm more of a morning person verses night owl.....my eyes are closing by 9pm.
7. I love Christmas so much more now that I have a child....it makes my Christmas much more exciting, there's nothing better than watching your little one open presents on Christmas morning!
I'm tagging.....Emily, Leslie, Mackenzie, E.J.(Erin Malone), Heather S., Nicole, Gina M.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007
1. were you married at the time? Yes.
2. what were your reactions? So excited...yet shocked and scared, I even cryed, it was a mix of emotions! How could it happen after just one time???
3. how old were you? 24
4. how did you find out you were pregnant? Late and took a test.
5. who did you tell first? Don and then my parents
6. did you want to find out the sex? YES....it was the first and I wanted to be prepared for everything.
7. did you deliver early or late? Early, 5 weeks!
8. did you have morning sickness? Oh, God Yes!! And it was and still IS horrible!!
9. what did you crave? Hot dogs for a few weeks (Eeewww), then cinnamon rolls.
10. who irritated you the most? My mother-in-law (I hope she's not reading this....I really do like her!)
11. what was your first child's sex? Boy.
12. how many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? Ummmm, 40 something, I stopped looking and caring after I was weighed......my husband said I just looked "like a big girl!"
13. did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Yeah.... a placenta abruption at 30 weeks (well, a tear at first, which lead into more & more tearing)....reason for the early delivery. Not fun!
14. where did you give birth? Foote Hospital.
15. how many hours were you in labor? 4 hours!....Petocin started at 5 AM, labor started at 6Am, delivered at 10:16Am!!!
16. who drove you to the hospital? Well, the first time the Ambulance.....the second time Don.
17. who watched? Don, Dr. Farhat, my cousin, the nurse and the nursing student....WOW! That sounds like a lot of people now that I'm writing it. Haha!
18. was it natural or c-section? Natural.
19. did you take medicine to ease the pain? No, I didn't have time....I was dialating like a mad woman, by the time the epidural man came down to Labor & Delivery I was already at 8 cm., I was NOT HAPPY! It hurt like a B*%ch!!
20. how much did your child weigh? 6 pounds 9 oz.
21. did your child have any complications? Yes, he didn't have his suck, swallow, breath mechanism due to his prematurity.....10 days in Special Care Nursery to learn how to take a bottle....I hated every second of it! Cryed every day.
22. what did you name him/her? Donald Glenn Huff IV.... not my "original" choice, but I gave in in the delivery room....I really didn't care at that point!
23. how old is your first born today? Almost 22 months.
Saturday, October 27, 2007
As for Donnie, he adjusted just fine to his new schedule and sitters....what a little champ!! I on the other hand had a harder time with the adjustment, but it got better each day....so I'm hoping next week will be a breeze *fingers crossed*. Don't know how long this full-time gig is going to work out with a new baby next year...don't think it's gonna happen, but we'll see.?
Speaking of baby.....I have a check up Oct. 31, Halloween and guess who's going to miss her class party....Ooooppps! So sad! I'll be 13 weeks, wow I can't believe I'm already 13 weeks, it's flying by. Hopefully, we'll hear the heart beat...last time at 11 weeks we couldn't hear it, I hate that, it's so nerve racking! Oh, I almost forgot....I've got a miracle pill, an anti-nausea prescription....it's amazing, I haven't thrown-up since I started taking it! YAY!! I should've asked for it sooner. And as for baby names...Ugh: any suggestions......I'm at a lose, I'm having a brain fart....I just can't decide on any!
But, a few I do like:
*Grayson (Don doesn't like)
*Emerson (Don hates)
**What about any of the ones I like?**
Saturday, October 20, 2007
My 7 random thoughts.....
1. Why do I still feel hungry....I've been eating ALL day!
2. Caressa's bachelorette party.....should I go? Chicago. Free stay for the weekend. The girls. The money. The NO drinking. The belly. Uhhhh, what to do?
3. I wonder which sport Donnie will like best, pretty sure he'll enjoy something.....he's obsessed with balls and sporting events.
4. What to wear to Church tonight?
5. I think I want Chinese for dinner.
6. What in the he*% am I going to teach on Monday, I haven't even looked at the 1st grade curriculum, or teaching manuals, or worksheets, or benchmarks, or grade level content expectations.....Holy He%*!! I'm screwed! Pffttttt!!
7. Why do friendships drift....is it natural? Or the persons involved lack of effort? Is it for the best? Makes me sad.....
Friday, October 19, 2007
I'm a little apprehensive about the new school I'm going to be teaching at ....McCulloch Elementary- Not exactly my first choice Elementary in JPS (or my 5th choice in that matter)....Eeeek! Nerve racking!! But I'll make the best of the situation I was given.....right? I have to, no choice in the matter, I'm lucky to have a job in this state's economic status. But, it doesn't make it any easier.
My biggest concern of course is Donnie.....how will he adjust to me working full-time again? Will he adjust okay? While he has had 4 months of mommy all day at his beck & call, I know it's just something he'll have to get used to. But, Ugh....the working mom guilt is SOOOOO hard to handle sometimes, I feel like my child is going to have abandonment issues when he gets older. Or feel short changed. Or feel neglected. Anyone else ever have those feelings of guilt?? OMG..... Seriously, I'm thinking WAY to much into this!
Anyways, I have been lacking big time in my pictures lately, and I KNOW this...... I WILL get some recent pictures up soon.....hopefully this weekend!
Enjoy, the rest of your weekend....I'm going to.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
So, I ended up with a pair of really cute jeans, a few shirts, and a pair of casual lounge pants....which I'm happy to say are all figure flattering (if that's possibly while being pregnant!)
In other news:
* Put a new wood floor in our living room....not expected, but Loooong story. Looks beautiful at any rate!
* Have NOT been called back from lay-off...yet. Still a possibility, but unlikely and really don't care at this point....still collecting unenjoyment, I mean unemployment.
* Still dealing with morning sickness/all day sickness.....my gag reflex is in FULL FORCE, and Donnie has even started to imitate me over the toilet in the mornings, he thinks it's sooooo funny!
* Still undecided about finding out the sex of the baby??
* My friend Lindsay is having her baby girl today...via c-section, can't wait to see her! YAY!
* Donnie's going to be a chicken for Halloween....
* Going up-north next weekend for some family time.
* Went to a bonfire at my friend Kami's parent's house this past weekend....Lot's of fun, Lot's of kids, Lot's of food....all in the 85 degree weather! But, finally back to our Michigan Fall....Today 60.....YAY!!!
* Sunday.....Flavor Fruit Farms to get some pumpkins, donuts & cider....finally, the pumpkin patch!
* that's about all.... have a good one!
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
What is his name? Donald Glenn Huff III (Haha!, that's such a looooong & prestigious sounding name.... so NOT Don!)
How long have you been together? Fall 2003
How old is he? 30
Who eats more? Hmmm, that might be a toss up....I've got a pretty hearty appetite
Who said I love you first? Haha! This makes me laugh....he did, but I told him he better say it soon or I wasn't to sure about the relationship (he told me in St. Louis, the weekend of Mike & Kasey's wedding....anyone remember that?)
Who is taller? Don....but, not by a whole heck of a lot!
Who sings better? Me
Who is smarter? Probably me! Hehe!
Whose temper is worse? MINE for sure
Who does the laundry? Most of the time me, but Don has been known to do a few loads.
Who does the dishes? Don usually but mostly our dishwasher :)
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Don....I think
Who pays the bills? Don
Who mows the lawn? Once again, Don
Who cooks dinner? Me
Who drives when you are together? He does, and he is WAY to slow!
Who is more stubborn? Definitely me
Who is the first to admit when they're wrong? My Hubby
Whose parents do you see the most? Mine
Who kissed who first? He kissed me first, but it took him forever....he was like a little school boy...way too shy. Maybe he was scared of me or something.? I thought I was going to be the one to have to make the first move.
Who asked who out? Our very first date was a blind date, but then I broke things off for a while.....and of course, I was the one to initiate the second first date.
Who proposed? Don
Who is more sensitive? I'd say we are both pretty sensitive...me a little more so
Who has more friends? Probably about the same....I think.
Who has more siblings? Ummmmm, Hubby for sure....7, Eeeek!
Who wears the pants in the family? Me..... for most of our everyday household runnings. But, Don also is the money man in the family so ultimately he has the final say in most of the financial decisions, which is fine with me.... he's much better with money than I am.
**Okay, now it's your turn to post on your blog......**
Friday, September 28, 2007
My excuse.....I really haven't been feeling that well at ALL, the nausea set it and I'm still trying to cope with the throw-up feeling all day! Maybe that's a lame excuse, but it's all I've got... Haha!
So, I've been thinking about a good TFT....even though it is Friday, I was still thinking....and
One of the things that actually gets me excited about being pregnant is the Nursery....awe, the sweet baby's nursery. When we painted Donnie's nursery in our 1st home (we're currently in our 3rd!!) it was a grayish green, with a slightly lighter shade stripe about 6 inches wide all the way around the room, one stripe eggshell the other satin for just that slight difference in the schene since the colors were very similar.... White crib, chocolate, green and yellow bedding and window treatments, pale yellow rocker....crib & rocker courtesy of the Toy House....I love that place, that have such neat stuff. And I loved the final outcome....very soft and cozy, relaxing, just how I had imagined.
But, when I was pregnant with Donnie I found out the sex of the baby, therefore making it easy for purchasing the boyish things for the nursery. With this pregnancy I haven't decided yet if I want to find out the sex.... and the main reason that I would like to find out is to determine my nursery decor...how pathetic is that?! Though I think it would be great to be surprised at the birth, I also think it's a bit easier if you find out before hand, and I'm a planner....I like to have things planned out! I know there's always the unisex nursery, which are great, but this time around I'm tending to like very boyish or very girly themes and colors for the nursery.... go figure! Our first nursery would have been a great unisex nursery! UGH!
Here are a few of my favorites, I've been checking out:
Okay, so those are a few of my "dream" rooms.....though, I won't be purchasing the whole pottery barn nursery set (I only wish), I will be using that as a guide in my decorating and purchasing. I'm also very lucky to have quite a gifted artistic mother-in-law who loves to sew and paint in her free time! YAY!!
And I'm in LOVE with Toile right now! How pretty is this??
Anyone else have stories about their child's nursery? Or did you just not really care?
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
So, I really don't have motivation to do anything, even blog.....
* No fun news
* No cute pictures
* No funny stories.....cause I haven't done anything since, I've been feeling like CRAP!!!
* No great thought provoking topics to elaborate on
Too nauseous to care much about anything!!! And I HATE, it!! Ughhhh.....who ever said being pregnant was fun.? Or did I just imagine that? I am going to venture to Rite-Aide tonight for some motion sickness wrists bands (maybe their called sea bands or something like that..?), lemon drops, and some ginger candies....hoping one of those items might be the trick and give me some relief.....
Okay, so who am I kidding, I'm sure the only thing that will help is either just getting through the first 16 weeks.... which happened before (with Donnie), or just waiting 9 months to get this kid out of me!!
Sorry, to all of you "Happy" preggo's out there, this is just the post of a miserable first trimester'r venting!
Friday, September 14, 2007
* didn't shower before we left, no time....
* hair went into this rat's nest of a ponytail, trying somehow to make it presentable, Ha! Fat chance!!
* looked in my closet for something decent to wear...maybe even cute.?
* but wait, where are all my clothes?...either in the dirty clothes (cause they haven't been washed) or in the clean pile I have just sitting on my chair in the bedroom...not put away (why on earth would I put my clean clothes away in my closet??)
* NO cute clothes....Hmmm, big surprise! I don't even think I know what IS cute/ trendy anymore!! Unless....of course, it's sold at Target.
Get to Jackie's.....
* bring in my purse/diaper bag....all-in-one, don't really know if I have a "real" purse anymore.?
* dump out my mommy supplies....cars, tractors, airplanes.....snacks, sippy cup.....anything that will satisfy my child for a few hours until we leave.
* talked with Linds. and Jackie about kids cartoons, then we brought up the Disney's "Soul Train" conductor (hottie), and how it has such a catchy tune....yet, a little provocative almost.??
* THEN......the moment when I truly felt like a "MOM"......Donnie had been sneezing and I of course am trying to have a kleenex right there in the midst of his sneeze, so I don't feel like my son is infecting this newborn with ALL of his germs. Sure enough, he sneezes....again, I wipe his nose and he does that whole flail of the body thing because he can't stand his nose wiped.....a few minutes pass and Jackie says what's on your chin, so I wipe it and sure enough...I say "oh, it's a booger...from my child!!" Ughhhhh!! GROSS!! I had my son's BOOGER just chilling on my chin....YUK!!......and even the way I said it was so, nonchalant, like this always happens.??
I feel like such a "MOM" today....can I say it one more time......GEEZE!!!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Now on to Dr. Geraldo.....I'll explain, my baby Dr. looks a lot like Geraldo Rivera, and even so, I still LOVE him. I might be a little in love with him, but only because we share a special bond..... he delivered MY CHILD!! That's what I tell my hubby, because he still doesn't understand why I feel such a close bond with him....Duh!...Hello!! Doctor. Delivered. B.A.B.Y. Anyways, now that all of you out there are probably thinking..."what a Freak"...... His actual name is Dr. Farhat and today was my first Dr.'s appointment for all the baby info. and really it wasn't much of anything new from the last time I went with Donnie. Just the usual, do's and don'ts of pregnancy that I've already been reading up on to refresh my memory from the last time. My official due date is May 6, 2008....Yay!! Exciting! I still can't believe I'm gonna have another one.....Eeeeek, exciting and nerve racking at the same time!
Saturday, September 8, 2007
I'm not trying to be a complaining, bitchy wife, because my husband has to work and bring home the bacon.....we just need a little bit of couple time, know what I mean..?? And, of course, I see him in the evening after work, but it's so scheduled and weekdayish......dinner, Donnie's bath, bedtime routine....then, a little small talk, blogging, T.V., or just flat out too tired and off to bed we go. Where's my wife time?? Do you ever feel like you and your spouse don't get much time together...alone? Days where you think, Hmmmm?, what did ....... & I talk about last night or did I even have the energy to converse with him??
I'm glad to admit, I am a happy wife (Don truly is my best friend), and a happy mother. I cherish our weekends as a family, just hanging out together, doing fun things with each other. But, life is busy and sometimes there are times when I wish I had more hours in a day..... A little more family time, husband/wife time, or just more time in general.... Ahhhhh*sigh*.....such is life.
**Thank goodness for Sunday, my saving Grace!! Ha!**
Thursday, September 6, 2007
* No morning sickness/all day sickness.......yet(I might be eating my words in a couple days....Eeekkk!!) None thus far....
* No Waaaay sore boobs
* No crazy animal like sense of smell!!
What's up with this?? Is that even normal?? Should I be concerned, cause I kinda am.....I hoping everything is okay.? Aren't most women sick with sore boobs the first 16 weeks? Or maybe it just hasn't hit me yet, maybe in a few days or weeks I'm gonna wake up to the "Real" Pregnant Katie....Hmmmmm?
I'll fill you in a little on my numero uno pregnancy......
* VERY sick from the get go.....throw-up sick, like the Ewwwww feeling all day!
* Sore as He&% boobs!
* I also had this crazy animalistic sense of smell, I swear I could smell my neighbors cooking dinner two doors down
* Ughhhh.....then the end, I can't even get into the whole LONG version of the story, but I ended up in the hospital for a month with a placenta abruption, delivered early......with complications after delivery with Donnie. Not too serious, but not being able to bring your newborn baby home from the hospital for 10 days was pretty traumatic for a new mom like myself. And also, some major post-partum after we both finally got home.....don't wanna go through that again!!
So needless to say, I've been praying that when I did go through a second pregnancy I might get a break on this one, just a little......but, who new being pregnant could actually be pleasant.? Not me. I feel like I shouldn't even be writing this post, I might jinx myself!!
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Today, we went for a morning walk with Les and Reyna, it's nice to get the walk done early. Almost made an old man crash on the sidewalk (it was kinda funny though), who by the way lapped us like twice around the park....that's pretty sad isn't it.? Then, Donnie and I went to Brown's Lake with my cousin, her kids, and some friends of hers, Donnie splashed around in the water for a while, played in the sand, and took a boat ride and watched the big kids water ski....he thought that was pretty cool!! Got home ate dinner, took a bath, and he's down for the night....."Aaaaalelluiah!!" at 7:20pm!! Oh boy, I really need a break tonight, I've been with Donnie ALL day and then played single mom tonight....see I'm a little spoiled because when Don gets home, he does bath and books, and Donnie really wants no part of me when his Daaaa(Dad) gets home from work, so I get a break. But, Don went to go pick up a Jeep Wrangler in Pontiac tonight.....no we didn't buy a new car, well he bought it, but he's going to resell it at the car sale this weekend...an investment purchase for us (or should I say him.....aaaahem, plasma T.V. maybe??) So, now I'm off to go watch some T.V and read blogs....goodnight!
Saturday, September 1, 2007
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
So, at the shower I was talking to Lindsay's husband, Dave .....who is the new Superintendent at Michigan Center School District, it actually blew me away to find that out....seeing as though he is only 33yrs. (maybe 34), and that is super young to already be Superintendent...WOW, way to go Dave!! Okay, on with the story....I jokingly, well kinda jokingly, asked if he had any positions available that I could interview for..... and he said sure, he thinks there might be a fifth grade position opening up in the fall and to send all my stuff directly to him. I did tell him I'm already hired in at Jackson Public, but on layoff and not knowing what's going to happen in the next few weeks, and a little fed up with the politics of working in such a big district. But, I also wasn't ready for him to tell me to send him my stuff (resume, letters of rec., teaching cert.)....Oooopps, what did I just do!?
My dilemma is.....if and when I do get called back to JPS (if it's this school year), I'm most likely going to job share (work part-time) with a second grade teacher at Bennett, which is what I've always wanted to do! But, I'm also not really positive how long this teacher is willing to do this with me.....maybe 1 year, possibly 2 or 3 yrs.? It's a really great scenario for this coming year though.....but, then the summer hits and I'll be laid-off once again.....ughhhh!! On the other side......if I did work for Mich. Center Schools I would probably never have to worry about this limbo mode, with the lay-off situation I am currently in right now. I would be at a much smaller district and there are some positive aspects to that type of district for me. But, would I ever find a teacher to job share with me?? This would mean another year of having to work full-time, maybe longer.... until, if and when, I found a person who would want to job share....Yikes!! All of these unknowns!!
Aiy, yi, yi !!! I don't know what to do??? Did I just create more confusion for myself??
Okay, I guess I'm way jumping the gun on this thing...I haven't even sent Dave my stuff yet and I haven't even been offered an interview...LOL!! But, I'm pretty sure I'm going to send him my info. and just see what happens......heck, I might not even be called for an interview, ha!, that would make my decision really easy!! And who's to say I'd even be offered the job if I did interview.?....I can't get too ahead of myself on this one.
Friday, August 24, 2007
So, tomorrow is the baby shower I've for some insane reason decided to host (haha!), I'm a little nervous about all the preparations.....just making sure everything gets done and my house is looking flawless before everyone gets here (though, with having a 19 month old that will virtually be impossible).... I've been running around today like a mad woman! The shower is for two of my high school friends....Lindsay(Mizerik)Tebo & Jackie(Gallant) Straub, along with the "click" that we hung out with in high school. I think it's going to be about 16 total, husbands/boyfriends included, but probably only Donnie for kids, maybe Brady Tebo (Linds's little one), only the two of us have kids (soon to be 3 of us). It's kinda crazy cause we're all 26/27 yr. old and only 2 out of the 8 of us have kids, and only 3 of us are married (soon to be 4), okay, maybe not crazy everywhere, but in J-town it's odd to be 27 and single(no divorce)/no kids! ....Many of them have focused on careers and the city life.....and I say good for them, you only get to do it once, so live it up girls!! Oh, yeah speaking of living it up, I'm also a little nervous because the "city" girls are used to livin' it up on the weekends and I'm just a light-weight, being a mommy and all....I rarely drink more than a beer, but I'm gonna have to step up my game tomorrow night, (well, I do have the preggo's to hang with!! Hehe!) **Yay!! I'm really excited to see all my girlfriends from way back when....
Anyways, I've gotta go and finish a few more things before I go to bed. Wish me luck, and good weather for tomorrow!
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Like today, I watched Oprah (Yea, I'm an Oprah fan), and she had quests on who had made a difference in someones life....a viewers life, who watched the show and was touched by a guest Oprah had on her show, then they met on today's show. One story was about a woman who lost her 16 year old son to a house fire, and while watching Oprah one day she saw another woman who lost her son to an accidental shooting when he was 10....basically, because she watched the show, she found strength in someone else who had shared the same tragedy. So, while I was watching I started to cry....tears of sadness I felt for both women, the unfathomable circumstances they faced, and how unimaginable my life would be without my little boy in it.....
Then, I've also been thinking about having another child lately, then I think about Donnie and when he was an infant and how grateful I am to have him in my life.... I think about how lucky I am to have my husband, son, and the family we've created. And I get all teary eyed.
Seriously, what the heck is going on?? I've been feeling like if I hear of something or see something or think of something, I might just shed a tear..... maybe I'm PMSing? I guess I better not watch Oprah tomorrow!!
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
1. Do you like cheese? oh, yeah
2. Have you ever been arrested? Nope
3. Have you ever shot a gun? No, I've felt like it though....
4. Your favorite song? "What a wonderful world"....Louis Armstrong
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? A little, depends on which Dr.
6. What do you think of when you eat hot dogs? Seven-Eleven, Ha!Ha!....Heather
7. What's your favorite Christmas song? Don't have one
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?Coffee
9. Can you do push ups? sure can, but I don't
10. Is your bathroom clean? Ummmm....kinda!
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? I have a lot of necklaces I like, can't pick just one
12. Favorite Hobby? Shopping - if that's considered a hobby.?
13. What are you listening to right now? the T.V
14. What is the last thing you ate? Spaghetti
15. What one trait do you hate about yourself? judgemental, at times
16. Middle Name? Ann
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? 1- Is there anything on T.V tonight that I'll wanna watch. 2- I think I'm going to put on my P.J'S. 3- I hope I can stay at Bennett Elementary if I get called back to school soon....
18. Name the last 3 things you have bought. 1-A sweatshirt for Donnie. 2- Onsies, for a baby shower game (I'm having a couples baby shower on Sat.) 3-A pair of earrings.
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. Coffee, Diet Coke, Water.....Alcoholic.....Beer- whatever is on hand, I'm not picky!!
20. Current worry right now? Duh.....work / lay-off call back!!
21. Current hate? I'm pretty happy at the moment, ask me tomorrow.
22.Favorite place to be? A salon, getting pampered....Ahhhhh!
23. How did you bring in the New Year? With my in-laws at their cabin!
24. What is your quirkiest habit? I can't have chipped nail polish on, my fingers or toes.....it drives me insane!!
25. Name three people who will complete this and Return? Ummmm....maybe Leslie, Kasey, & E.J.???
26. How many siblings do you have? 1 brother
27. Do you own slippers? Yes, I have them on right now
28. What shirt are you wearing? a yellow short sleeve with a white sweatshirt hoodie
29. What shampoo do you use? Whatever is on sale
30. Favorite color? Don't have one
31. Would you like to be a pirate? No, that's a silly question
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don't
33. Favorite female name?at the moment Isabella
34. Favorite male name? at the moment Michael
35. What's in your pockets right now? nada
36. Last thing that made you laugh? my son
37. Best bed sheets as a child? Ummm....white, I think
38. Worst injury you've ever had? Sprained ankle
40. How many TVs do you have in your house?2
41. Who is your loudest friend? Probably, Elizabeth...hehe!
42. Who is your most silent friend? I don't think any
43. Does someone have a crush on you? my son & husband
44. Do you wish on shooting stars? I've never seen one
45.What is your favorite book? Tuesday's with Morrie
46.What is your favorite age? anything between 6 & 14, my elementary years where fun and carefree!!
47. What song do/did you want played at your wedding? How terrible is this, I can't remember...haha!
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? I've never thought about it....I guess, I don't really care
49. What were you doing at 12 am this morning? sleeping... Zzzzzz
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Why is Donnie up it's 5:50 A.M...where's the coffee?
**Oooopps, how'd I miss #39? Where'd it go??
1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.
2. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of their middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had. ***IF you have already done your middle name than do the State that you live in with new adjectives!*****
3. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post containing your own middle name game facts. ***Or state if you have already been tagged before!***
4. At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Well, my middle name is Ann :
A- Anxious. That's how I feel right now about work and my lay-off situation. I just wanna get called back to work and take away my anxiety....ughhhh!
N- Nutty. Okay, sometimes I feel a little nutty...you know when things in life get a little hectic, or chaotic....I go a little nutty!
N- Nurse. Before I decided to become a teacher, I wanted to go to nursing school. I still think it would be a great profession to go into, very fulfilling.
**Okay, I'm tagging:**
Monday, August 20, 2007
....It's been raining now for 2 days straight...ALL day! Okay, so maybe two days doesn't seem like a lot, but when your stuck in the house with a 19 month old all day it seems like forever! Actually, yesterday Donnie was at my mom's most of the day, (Don & I finished working on our family room downstairs)...... okay never mind, I guess I can't really complain about yesterday, but being stuck in the house all day TODAY with my little outdoors man really stinks, we were both going stir crazy! I'll have to plan an indoor activity for us tomorrow if it's still raining.......
- Had too many snacks
- Watched too much T.V....
- Was ignored for a while....so I could blog & read blogs (how terrible is that?!)
- Was bribed with chocolate & markers
- Had a free-for-all with his toys in the basement
- Ate off the tip of a crayon
- Thought Maci's kitty litter was a sand box (Eeeewww, I know!)
Friday, August 17, 2007
**Husband, I know you're out there reading this, I'm expecting at least one comment from you this week!! Ha!Ha!
**Hey thanks Denise for being my first commenter.....I'm so excited, I haven't heard from you yet!!
Thursday, August 16, 2007
So, on with my topic.....I think one of the main reasons I think about having twins, is because they run in my family......my mom is an identical twin, also the old saying that it skips a generation(which would fall on me), and twins run on my grandfather's side of the family....at least 3 sets. But, it scares me to DEATH to think of double duty, double diapers, double car seats, double high chairs, double middle of the night feedings, double cribs.....double, double, double, the list goes on. To know how much work one is and then to add another one to the equation - makes my head spin!! Then on the flip side, I also think it would be so neat to have an instant playmate when you get older, a natural built in friendship (most of the time), and to have this incredible genetic bound that only another twin could understand.....how cool!!
I love to hear twin stories.....my mom has a few really interesting stories about her and my aunt, the one that sticks out the most to me is when she was on vacation with a friend in Tennessee... She new that my Aunt Gwen was going to be delivering her baby around the time she would be coming back from the vacation, but midway through her trip she told her friend that they HAD to drive home because her sister was going to have her baby. My mom had not spoken to my Aunt since she left, but she said she just had this incredible sensation that she had to get back because my Aunt was going to deliver......sure enough my aunt was in the hospital when she got home and had her daughter a few hours later.....isn't that crazy!? I've also heard about twins who say they can actually feel the pain of the other twin, and as strange as that may seem I truly believe it.
I also, think it's funny to look at the two completely separate personalities they have. Usually there seems to be an outgoing one and a shy one, or a mischievous one and a good one, a bossy one and a follower.....amazing for two little beings to share the same wound for 9 months and be so different yet so alike.
Anyone else heard of amazing twin stories? Or have ever really wanted twins?? Or has twins/is a twin?? Know people who are twins??
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Friday, August 3, 2007
**I'll be MIA again in the blog world, we will be in the U.P. for a weeks vacation.....Ahhhhh, another vacation!!! Just in case anyone cared...LOL!!**
Thursday, August 2, 2007
So, I am at Don's soccer game tonight and I run into a fellow teacher from my staff at Bennett last year. We got to talking about the Fall, since it's right around the corner, and she says there have been a lot of changes in our building, which I was semi-aware of and that it didn't look so good for the lay-offs in the Fall being called back. Basically it was a kind way of letting me know there will be a good chance I will not be called back for the following school year......Ahhhhhh!! Are you flippin' kidding me! What the Hell!! That's what I wanted to say, but I'm just trying to still talk positive about the upcoming year. Then of course after she leaves the thoughts just start running through my head:
- when will I actually be called back from lay-off?
- how long will my unemployment last?
- will I be called back in the middle of the year-YUCK!! And who knows what the kids will be like at that point in the year.....
- we just bought a new house with a higher mortgage payment!!
- will we be able to have another baby anytime soon??.....we REALLY need my insurance to have another child!
- is job-sharing still even an option for next year??
- uhhhhh...hello, what about student loans!!
- why in the world did I ever take a job with JPS....I knew this was going to happen!!
Okay, so these were just a few of the random thoughts running through my head at this point. And to top it all of, I still have to go back to school, I need to get another 18 credits to keep my teaching certificate.... and soon. I was going to try to start soon, maybe next summer....but, will I even be able too, that will mean another student loan....uhhhh! I guess the only good thing about me going back to school is that I think I'm going to work on my Masters at Eastern Michigan University in Speech Pathology (basically a speech teacher) something other than **education, well sort-of. I've been considering doing this for a while, but it's a 3 year program**gulp** and that is what was holding me back a little....3 years, uhhhh.. how will I fit that into my life??...that's a lot of schooling!! But, the more I think about it it's not looking so bad after all. Well, I should explain that it is a profession that is in VERY high demand, which means job security-YEAH!!! NO lay-off!!.....ton's of kids getting tested and needing speech & not enough teachers, another bonus is it will be a pretty hefty increase in salary.... that's always a plus! I became friends with our speech pathologist at school and the more I found out the more appealing it was sounding, so now I actually might have to start looking into this a little more in depth.
I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the reality off it all, the fact that I spent almost 5 years studying, working, student teaching, trying to get ahead and then look what happens!! I am just really pissed that you can actually go to college put yourself in debt up to your butt-hole and then feel like....what the hell did I do that for, either I'm laid-off or I don't have a job....what the F*%#....you've gotta be kidding me, this must be a joke!!
Well, anyways those are my thoughts for Thursday....not anything great, basically just a bitch fest and pity party for myself...sorry, if you were in a good mood I probably just ruined it! I know some of you are in a very similar boat as I am (N.B.) and I feel your pain. Anyone else feel like throwing themselves a pity party about something??....go right ahead this is a perfect opportunity to do so. Now that I've probably scared everyone away from my blog.....I better go and eat some ice cream.....always a stress reliever..LOL!!
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
* watching T.V. & vegging out on the couch
* eating ice cream
* painting my nails
* just basically doing nothing and being a slouch!
Tonight what I need to be doing is:
* finishing laundry
* cleaning up the kitchen
* picking up the WHOLE house....it's a mess
* putting the clean laundry away
* feeding & watering all my plants outside
* cleaning the bathrooms
* organizing my closet
** okay, I've decided to go with my first list.....what I feel like doing!! **
I'm off to go and do nothing......goodbye.
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
This is Donnie's new best friend......Meagan McGowan, what a sweety!! I wanted to take her home with us!
Thursday, July 26, 2007
I know many of you who are reading this either have kids, or teach kids, or are around kids enough to understand what I'm talking about....well, maybe. But my BIG question is where has the RESPECT gone for authority?? And not only authority figures, but adults in general?? This is something that just Urrrkkks me....drives me insane actually, when children feel that they do not have to show adults respect!! I know that it is probably in my face a lot more than most people, because I'm an elementary teacher and I see it on a regular basis when I'm at school, so maybe it just gets to me a little more than others.....but, I know all of you have seen it in one form or another and know exactly what I'm talking about.
I don't understand why kids feel that they can speak to adults the way they do, either by talking back, using sarcasm, using disrespectful language around them, not listening when being spoken too or reprimanded, or just flat out telling them to F&%*# off- yes, I've actually heard elementary kids in school tell there teacher or even their principal that (extreme case!)......what the.....??? I just don't understand, how and why are kids so disrespectful today??? Maybe my memory is foggy, but I don't think I heard many kids back talk the teacher when I was in school...... did you?? Now don't think that I'm talking every child in school does this by any means, but their are students who do act this way and it floors me. Not only at school either, but I hear it ALL the time, kids speaking to their parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles, neighbors, parents friends, whomever......it's as though, they think they have the God given right to talk to people however they want! I personally don't remember ever back talking an adult at a young age (maybe my mom, a little in junior high) or if I did it sure wasn't to their face, and if I did there were some BIG consequences to face!!
Am I living in a fantasy world or should children show adults respect??....I don't care who they are....if it's an adult, you are to be respectful of them! I know that children are not perfect and I don't expect them to be, they all make mistakes, and all children at one point or another back talk, but to me it's just gotten out of control! I do believe it is good to teach your child to stand up for themselves and feel they have a voice and be able to voice their opinions, but to an extent, especially when they are speaking to an adult.
What are your thoughts??
Oh, Boy! I better stop there.....I could go on and on with this subject!!
For more thoughts go to:
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
We're staying on Mackinac Island at The Inn at Stonecliffe, it looks like a great place, not just like a "normal" hotel, it should be interesting I'm excited to see it! I can't wait to just get up there and relax, not have to worry about house chores, decorating, school/work.....just hang out with the family, have a few drinks, and relax. Donnie will be in heaven too, there are no cars on the Island so everyone has to ride bikes or walk, we'll be taking our bikes...I'm sure Donnie will be ready and waiting with his helmet on!! Ha! Ha!
I'll be MIA in the blogging world for a few days, but I'll have soooo much to read when I get back....Yeah!! I think I've officially turned into a blog junkie!
Monday, July 23, 2007
Okay, well anyways, the whole reason I went there was to get a toy organizer for our family room downstairs. This is kind-of the T.V./playroom....I'm really trying to keep Donnie's overload of toys confined to one area in our house, I just can't believe the amount of toys we've accumulated over the past 18months - it's unbelievable & kinda scary!! Therefore, it's time for some organization and some throwing away....yup, that's right, some of Donnie's toys I'm just tossing (well, probably taking to good will)!!! Of course none of the really nice ones that I've bought him or things that he's still using or things my other children /child? will use, but definitely some of those old junkie toys that he and I could care less about.....it's just time for them to be gone!! Ughhhhh...I'm getting so sick of the clutter, I need to organize...I can't wait to get it set up!!
Of course, he also got a few other little things while we were there, I just couldn't resist everything was sooooo cheap!! MaryJo is the one who did the most damage though, she had to finish decorating her 2nd cottage so she needed .....rugs, accessories, bowls..... I can't even remember what else, my brain is fried after spending a long day at Ikea!! My next trip will have to be an ALL day event, we were there for only a few hours and I feel like we just skimmed the surface.....those of you who are regulars know what I mean.
Friday, July 20, 2007
*What are your indulgences??*
Is it clothes?
**gulp** should I say....sex??
Anything.....what is it?? What do you like to indulge in??
*Along with this, is it about "quality" or "quantity" for you??
Would you rather spend $200 on a great pair of shoes from Nordstrom's or $200 on a whole new wardrobe from Target?
Hair & nails done at a great salon or box colors from Loreal?
A used computer or brand new laptop??
20 Garage sale toys...or 5 new "Melissa & Doug"/"Manhattan toys"?
A pair of "True Religion"/ "Silvers" jeans or "Mossimo"?
Big Lots or Pottery Barn??
**And please don't think, I'm knocking Target/Walmart or you for shopping there, I do too.....I'm just intersted in your thoughts!**