Monday, May 5, 2008

Oh, BABY!

40 weeks.....and it's almost over!! Yay!

I'm going in tomorrow to have a gel put on my cervix, not sure what the correct term for this procedure is....I guess my cervix needs to be thinned out more, before they can INDUCE. Yup, you heard me correct, I'm being induced Wednesday morning, not positive on the time, but I have to call the hospital between 5-5:30 am. to see when I'm scheduled. So, finally I WILL be having this baby...soon! I had my Dr.'s appt. this morning, he checked me and I was dilated to 1 cm., and measuring at 41 weeks...YIKES!! Swollen up like a balloon as well. He told me he's thinking this baby is 8 1/2 lbs., I immediately teared up and asked..."am I going to deliver this baby naturally".... at which his reply was "well, you're gonna try", like DUH! girl, you think I'm just gonna cut you open to make you less scared! So, needless to say I'm excited, yet very scared because of the labor....I was induced with Donnie and I know how intense it can be, on top of that I'm going to be pushing out a 2 month old (that's practically what Donnie weighed at two months)! Waaaaaah!!!

Anyways...I've got some things to go and get done before tomorrow, so keep us in your thoughts and prayers the next few days. Hopefully I'll post a few pics. in the next week or so.

Happy Monday everyone!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK! i can't wait to see pictures and hear how it goes. :)

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Wishing you well!!

heather said...

My babies were both over 8.5lbs... no big deal -thanks to the epidural!!-

You'll do great... best wishes for everyone!

Heather S. said...

Yea!! We'll be praying for you! Can't wait to see pics!!

lina said...

Good luck to all! Can't wait to see pictures of the newest little man in your life & hear how everyone is :)

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Hey Katie! Best wishes to you tomorrow! I was also induced on a wednesday and got to go in at 7am since there werent many in the L&D. It all depends on how busy they are up there. It was actually a great experience being enduced, because you get to take it one step at a time. "Heres your gown to change into.... now we are gonna start the Pitocin.... Dr. will be here to break your water in about 20 minutes..."
I hope its goes well for ya! Cant wait to see pictures.

Sarah Beth and David said...

Congratulations on the baby! :) yay!!!

Kim said...

Congratulations on baby Nolan!! Dying to know how big he ended up being. Can you top Callie?? LOL She was born on May 5th weighing a whopping 9lbs, 7 oz. Thank the lord I had a scheduled c-section!

lina said...

He is a handsome little man! Saw his pictures on Nic's site.
Hope everyone is adjusting well & you are feeling great!