Sunday, February 17, 2008

Someone...Anyone...Please make it STOP!!

OH. MY. LORD. I can't believe we are ALL sick again!! The second time this winter for all 3 of us, and the THIRD time around for me and Little D. I don't know what it is, but I feel like I've had a black cloud of sickness following me ALL winter long. Let's see since Novemeber...first round of strep-throat for me and Little D, December....whew! All clear! January....second round of strep -ALL 3 of us, with some nasty 7 day virus along with it.....February....the FLU, which BTW Little D.'s on day #5 of throwing up (calling Dr.'s tomorrow just too make sure it's just the flu)! But, really how much more can we take?? We seriously have only had one healthy month and it sucks, everytime we get better I'm afraid to get too excited because I just KNOW we're gonna be sick again! I even had my flu shot this year....and I am just getting over my vomiting part of the flu, but still have the sour stomach... what the?? UGH, I HATE being sick (and it's worse being pregnant)!! So, now I'm also worried/paranoid about taking Donnie to the Dr.'s tomorrow because I know they'll weigh him, and I really don't want to see the scale go down anymore. His Dr. already wanted him to come back for a 6 month check-up on his weight gain after we took him for his 2 year check-up in January, just to make sure he was gaining enough weight. Now don't get me wrong, the kid doesn't look emaciated by any means for a 2 year old, but at the same time he really can't afford to loose more weight from being sick ALL the time! Maybe I'll see if he can keep one of Don's whey protein shakes down tonight...that's a weight enhancer, right.? LOL!

Well, so much for my 4 day winter break....we've been sick all weekend! Booo-hooo!

Anyone else going through a rough winter of sickness??

Sorry...not much else to blog about, just a bunch of sicky's over here.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

YUCK! Sorry to hear you are all sick again! I'm staying away from the Huffs! HAhAH!

Heather S. said...

Your winter sounds like our winter last year. The girls and Kevin had strep throat 3 times. Kevin and Norah had pneumonia. Norah and Lucy had RSV and the flu. I think I had strep once. Both girls lost weight and since Lucy was a little baby - it was a pretty big deal. Norah weighed about 23 pounds at her 2 year old appt. and by her 3 year old appt. she was only about a half a pound higher.
By the time spring came around, they were much better and stayed very healthy all summer. They have both put on a little weight this year (although they are both still on the small side).
So, hopefully, you will get over all this sickness and by the time the baby comes it will be getting warmer and you will all stay healthy!!
Also - one of our nurses said the flu shot is supposed to prevent the respiratory flu - not the stomach flu. Big bummer!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are all sick. I hope you all feel better soon!:)

Emilie said...

HI Katie, I got your comment and I dont have your email so I thought I would respond on here. The would actually be great! Just let me know when it comes closer to the time what you are thinking about and we can work something out! :)

Hope you guys are feeling better.