Tuesday, March 11, 2008

March snow and a little bit about nothing....

A little fun in the snow..... in MARCH!! What the heck, isn't March considered Spring?! Only in Michigan!











So... I'm home, just sitting here reading blogs and decided, Hmmmm....maybe a little update on my own might be nice! LOL!! And also noticing I'm in desperate NEED for a new banner and colors, looks like I'm going to have to bug Nicole again, since I'm sort-of blog illiterate when it comes to new layouts and I don't have a photo thing (not sure of the "correct" terminology...photo-shop maybe.?) on my computer to put pictures in my banner....which I think you have to have right.??

** In other news **
* My pregnancy is going okay, 32 weeks and counting... getting as big as a house (did I ever mention how I get big ALL over when I'm preggo, not just a belly? Lovely let me tell ya)!! I did have a few contractions a couple of weeks ago, went to labor & delivery just to be safe and turns out everything was okay I just needed to rest and drink lots of water. Oh, yeah and I'm officially on maternity leave now from work.... a little earlier than my doctor and I had originally discussed, but that's a-ok with me :)


* My son is still babbling in his crib...."mama, mama" and it's 1:47 pm ..... sorry little guy, your not getting out of your nap. Boy, I forgot how HARD it is to be a stay-at-home mom, I never get a break!! OMG..... now he saying "Owww mama, Owww" as if he's hurt himself in his crib! haha!


* Tried the toddler bed out for a few nights and that isn't going to work..... at least not at this point in time! When did your kids move into a "normal" size bed? Was it a hard transition? I guess I'm just a believer in when their ready then it's time, why go through the hassle of "training" if their just not ready??.... of course everything within moderation, I mean if my kid's 5 yrs. old and still wants his crib than that's a different story!
** And a few pics. of Donnie enjoying his bath time. BTW, are their any kids out there who don't LOVE bath time.?**






* UGH!!! Finally, I don't hear a thing....peace and quiet! 2:22pm. to be exact & he's finally asleep. Gotta run and try to do something productive while he's napping.








5 comments:

Denise said...

I'm glad things are going well for you and I can't believe you only have 8 weeks left! Wow - that has gone by so fast. Now if only mine would go a little quicker...

Don't tell me you had back luck with the toddler bed because Gavin will have NO CHOICE but to move to one before the babies come. Yeah, and did I mention he'll only be 19-20 months old when they are born? Yeah, fun for me. :o)

Anyway, have a good day! It was good to see an update from you.

Heather S. said...

Funny that you ask if there are any kids who don't like bath. . . Norah does not! I know it is strange - but she hates it - always has!! We have tons of toys, bath confetti, we've had bath crayons. Seriously, I've tried whatever I could to make it fun - she still doesn't like it! I've tried to get her to take a shower - she will have nothing to do with that! It's crazy!

Nicole said...

SEnd me some pics and I'll whip up a banner for you.

8 more weeks! YAY! 10 for me... well, on Friday. Can't freaking wait!!

heather said...

Both my kids were in beds by the time they were 20 months with hardly the bat of an eye.
We went straight to twin sized beds... I always thought toddler beds are too small (same size as a crib, just no cage!!). Have you ever noticed how much a toddler rolls around in bed?! They need room to stretch out without rolling right onto the floor! Anyway, I think too that it makes it easier and more accessible and automatic for them to get up on a whim when the bed is so small, where a real "big bed" envelopes them more.
I think you just have to make it an exciting big kid thing and along with that "privilege" comes letting them know the expectation that they act like big kids and stay in bed to sleep, and you're right --it's up to them whether they're up to that big kid challenge or not! They either want to or they don't... and I'm sure by the time they're five, they will want to!!

Emilie said...

Cute pictures...!!!
Let me know when you're ready for a nanny!! :)