Friday, October 23, 2009

"no plans" & babies

Excited about the calm weekend planned ahead.....

This was my first sentence that I started to type up on Friday afternoon. Now it's Saturday evening and I feel like I've been going ALL day long. And that's probably because we have been.... Don took the boys out for donuts and a stop at Walmart this morning, we met the Barczak's for lunch & a little JoAnn walk through, then I headed to Target for a birthday gift (Don took our exhausted boys home for naps), and my final stop the grocery store....geesh! So, once again my "no plans" weekend turns into full of stuff going on. Now don't get me wrong, I like to have things to do places to go, friends to hang out with, but it feels as though we never truly have NO PLANS kwim?? Whenever I think we don't have anything going on and I'm just gonna sit in the house all day in my PJ's doing laundry/house chores with Lifetime on in the background, no sooner I'm skippin' all around town with a list of "to do's" and meeting up with friends for lunch. But, I guess it's my own fault though, if I reeeaaaaallly wanted to sit in the house ALL day I could, of course then what would I have to bitch and moan about on my blog...right? ;)

In other news:

* My pregnancy is going well thus far (27 weeks), I feel like I always need to say thus far as I'm a little hesitant to be fully sure everything is going to go as planned through the whole 9 months because of my track record and the little set back we had with Donnie at 31 weeks....Placenta issues, hospitalization, & special care nursery (egh... not fun time to remember). But, all is well and I'm feeling good, just large very large! I guess I better cut back on the Jr. whoppers and ice cream, if I want that to change.:)

*Donnie and Nolan news.... Donnie's having a great time at preschool, making new friends, learning new things. He's such a little sponge....telling me about his field trip to the farm, what they saw, what his teacher says, everything about his day, etc. Oh, the other thing Donnie has been really interested in is how babies are born....literally! At first he started telling me/asking me if I was gonna poop the baby out and if it would hatch out of an egg, then he thought I'd pee it out, then he was asking if I would spit it out of my mouth (what???). Eventually this led me to telling him about babies being born alive, not hatching from eggs like dinosaurs, and the vagina/penis talk. Don still doesn't understand why I had to talk to him about penises and vagina's this early, I guess he wanted Donnie to think babies were pooped out and hatched from eggs until his friends told him the true story in school!? Man , I swear this kid is gonna be a nerdy scientist some day.... he is so interested in everything and all the little details that go along with it, the questions NEVER STOP! Nolan is just so different than Donnie it amazes me! He speaks so much more than Donnie did at this age (18 months).....he try's to mimic and repeat everything we say, along with just the usual baby babble in their own language, he's too funny. Nolan is much more of a "brute" as we like to call him, nothing is done gently or with timidness, all is aggressive and full force...everything from playing to his hugs & kisses. Watching these two grow and interact just makes me smile with amazement, that I actually made these two little people and so excited to see them grow and form their relationship over the years. I can't wait to see how this 3rd little boy will change the dynamics!

** Alrighty gotta go and watch my 48 hour mystery....don't know what I would do without my DVR love it! **

2 comments:

Nicole said...

HAHA Honey, your baby is almost 18 months... LOL! I was reading that and I'm like... Uh... Hudson just turned 17 months a week ago and Uhm... I was sure Nolan was 2 weeks older than him LOL! You're losing it.

Sorry to wreck your NO Plans weekend :) Lunch was fun... although fucking chaotic. What the hell!!!

Katie said...

See I AM losing it!! All is good now, I know that age of my baby...LOL!