Wednesday, November 11, 2009

3:00 am..... blog post

Well, I promise this will be a more uplifting post than the last. WOW! Can you say "Mommy meltdown"! :) BTW: thanks for all the nice comments....

Anyways, last night I was up for oh, about 3 hrs. (1:30-4:30) due to my wonderful, once "easy going Nolan" (as I used to call him), but while I was up I was thinking what day tomorrow was....which obviously is Wed., I was hoping it was Tues., and the week/day that my cleaning lady comes. Which lead me to thinking about what a GREAT, WONDERFUL, investment she has been.

And yes, I say investment because she has given me back a little shred of my sanity! Believe me, it wasn't easy to convince my husband we needed a cleaning lady, when yes, we are perfectly capable of doing it ourselves. That's great, fine and dandy, but really when do I EVER find the time to clean my 2500 sq. ft. house, 3 bathrooms, wood floors, tile floors, bedrooms, living, dining, & family rooms.... really WHEN do I find the time, someone please tell me?? Anyways, I made the decision as a full-time working mom that it would be an investment for me to pay a cleaning lady, to look at it as a bill that I had to pay every month..... and it's the best thing I ever did! She's not real expensive, she comes once every two weeks (2 times a month), she does the basic surface cleaning..... my big things were bathrooms & floors, if she could do my bathrooms and wood floors really good I would be happy, along with dusting and vacuuming of course, but those were my little pet peeves that I HATED to do myself and so loved it when they were clean. So, needless to say, one of the best purchases/investments I've made would be my cleaning lady. Oh, how I Love thee!

The 2nd purchase/investment (really this just makes it sound better... investment :) would be my Coach sunglasses. Yes, really my Coach sunglasses... I {heart} them. Not only because they're super cute and fashionable, but because they are so clear, no glare, I NEVER EVER have to squint even in the brightest of sunlight. It truly amazed me when I went into the sunlight and didn't have to squint or see a glare at all. I've never in my life owned a pair of sunglasses that were more than oh, 20 bucks.... and I do still have 3 or 4 pairs that are from Target that I do like, because they're totally cute, but honestly they don't even compare to my Coaches! I will definitely be buying another pair, maybe 2 (1 black) when I go to Chicago this spring.... they are so worth the money to me.

So, what is the best or your favorite purchase/ investment that you've made?? Is there anything that you've bought or made an investment in and now think to yourself....I'm SO happy I have these or I'm so happy I invested in this?? Just curious?

4 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Ahh the Coach sunglasses.... Glad they are working out for you and you are happy with your investment!! LOL! I would LOVE to have someone clean my house... just the bathroom would be suffice for me!

Katie said...

Oh, Yes....the "infamous" Coach sunglasses! lol!:)

Nicole said...

Oh lord, those damn sunglasses LOL! Well, I'm glad you are loving your "investment" I'll stick with my $9.99 Payless sunglasses because I, too, have never noticed having to squint with them on. That's the purpose of sunglasses, right? But, if you have the $$ to spend on expensive sunglasses, more power to ya, right?!

Cleaning lady... hell yeah. I wish we had the money to do it. I mean, I'm sure I COULD budget a little better but I haven't gotten that good. LOL! Someday... someday. And I'm sure I'll be a lot saner when I finally do it!

Leslie Collins said...

I would LOVE a cleaning lady!

My fave purchases??....My jewelry from Tiffany that Jade has bought for me. I couldn't live w/out it! hahaha. :)