Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm back....once again!

Well, once again I've been off the blog for a little while (okay, LONG ass time!).....I figured I better get my booty back on. (Although, of course I'm keeping up on everyone else's....LOL!)


Ummmm, I guess it's just been the "usual" around here lately....nothing too out of the ordinary, just everyday life over at the Huff's.



  • Donnie is turning into a crazy little man, like any other normal 2 year old little boy....toys, trucks, balls, balls, and more balls....oh, yeah and puck for his hockey obsession. And his big thing right now is saying "mine" or "mine's" to EVERYTHING....even if it doesn't really make sense. He calls his stuffed horse "mine", which yes, technically it is mine to him, but when we ask him what the horse's name is...he says "mine's". Haha! I find it cute. Right now that is.


  • Don just went out and bought himself a new flat screen T.V. a panasonic I think, all I know is he had a gift card burning a hole in his pocket and he's been researching flat screens for months now. But, with my husband being such a saver, and him having to spend some of his own out of pocket $ with the gift card he had a hard time justifying the purchase. I will say, I'm actually glad /relieved that he has FINALLY made this purchase, he doesn't ever buy things for himself and he deserves it, but WOW I never knew a new flet screen T.V. was such a big deal....

  • As for me, I'm just all about the nursery right now, trying to get the fabric bought and picked out for my Mother-in-law to make the quilt, bedskirt and curtains. Figuring out which baby changing dresser I need to order. And all the little stuff to get the room ready for our little man. So here's what I've picked out so far, this (which, I-well Nicole found the same exact fabric online for my MIL to make) and this.

  • We went to church this morning, it was the "Family Worship" service, which we LOVE! It's nice because it's usually in a smaller room and all kid oriented, so I don't feel like my child is the only one who is being a little too loud or snacking or laughing. It's usually just full of families with small kids....nice! And boy, did I need church this weekend...somewhere to just let all my thoughts and emotions out, latley I've been feeling so overwhelmed with work it just consumes my thoughts some days. I've had a really hard adjustment to my new school and my new administator (who is not at ALL the person I thought she was!) I'm also in such a *dilemma* about next Fall.....to make a long story short (I'll try), the kindergarten teacher has asked me to job share with her next Fall, basically one week I would work 2 days, the next week 3 days (at McCulloch, the same school I'm at this year)...part-time, perfect right.? Well, I've been having second thoughts, I mean while I LOVE the idea of part-time... do I really want to stay at a school where I don't have any support from my administator (Principal), especially when I work at a school that has extreme behavioral issues and 80% of the children are below grade level.? I might have the chance to bid on another postion at another school....where things would be much less complicated and I would feel much more supported, relieving me of a LOT of the stress I'm feeling this year, yet I would be working full-time which I really would rather not do with a 4 month old next Fall. My husband always brings up the fact that I am pregnant this year, which has made me more tired and more easily stressed about things. And while, I might think another school will be a better environment and the answer I might be just as stressed having to work full-time with a newborn.....maybe he's right?? UGH!!!! Can you tell I've been thinking about this ALL weekend!! Knowing that I'm leaving the end of March for maternity leave, having to sign the job share papers before I leave (if I do it), and not knowing what building (out of the 10 other schools in our district) I would be at or what grade, if I opt out of the job share position....is just too much stress on me right now!! I seriously just want to crawl in a hole and not come out until everything is worked-out in the best possible predicament for my family life right now....why does work have to be so stressful sometimes?? This is why I needed so badly to go to church and remind myself that things will work out the way HE knows they should work out, and everything will happen the way it's supposed to.

2 comments:

lina said...

It would feel overwhelming having to make a decision now that affects you in the fall. I hope it all works out for you :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, you finally posted!!!! :) It was nice hanging out Friday evening. Let's do it again, soon.