Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Finally, I'm blogging....

I got this off of Nicole and Heather's blog.....It's fun, try it!!!

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Got my first "real" teaching job...with a "real" paycheck....and a "real" benefits package!!! Yay! (okay maybe it was 2006, Dec., but close enough)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I think I did okay, I usually always say the same thing...."Try to be a better person all around, spiritually, financially, personally...." So, I probably did okay....there's always room for improvement, know what I mean.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Leslie had little Reyna, Lindsay had Eva, Jackie had Brock, E.J. had Yuri ....Wow, I didn't realize that many!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No
5. What states/countries did you visit?
Missouri.... Ummm (Binki's wedding), I think maybe it was right before 2007, can't remember Oooopps!!
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Spending more time putting Donnie's first year photo album together and enjoying our new home....not worrying about having to move!
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Jan. 11th...Donnie's First Birthday. No others.
8. What was your biggest achievement? Becoming a full-time working mom.... and putting my college degree to good use!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting things that are out of my control bother me and consume more of my energy than needed.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Hmm.. is pregnancy an illness? You know... 3 months of daily nausea, vomiting, loss of bladder control, backaches, hip pains, constipation... HAHA! (I'll use the same one as Nicole...LOL!!)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new home and car (I heart my Volvo S80)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Probably my husband's, he's always the rational one when I'm on an irrational tirade.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Hmmmm......

14. Where did most of your money go?
A new house
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having another baby and buying our home
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Anything by Jack Johnson......I listened to him waaaay too much last year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? The same b) thinner or fatter? 
fatter, for sure! c) richer or poorer?
Well, new house, but an increase in salary.... so maybe a little richer, but the more money I make the more I spend......so maybe about the same.?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Appreciated ALL the little moments in Donnie's first few years.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about life situations.... and complaining, my life's pretty darn good.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve.... The Huff's. Christmas Day....my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yes...with being a mom, I think I'm getting the hang of it and starting to really enjoy the toddler years.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Without a Trace, The Office, Cold Case and House.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope
24. What was the best book you read?
"The Lovely Bones"
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
A 1 1/2 year old singing in the back seat of the car to the music. I love it!!
26. What did you want and get?
pregnancy, a new home, a year of good health
27. What did you want and not get?
Nothing that I can think of .....worth any importance.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Million Dollar Baby
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25, and I think I went to dinner/ movie with my hubby.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being placed back at the school I taught at last year..... Not the one I was placed at this Fall! Oh.....AND having my job share partner NOT bail out on me last minute!!! UGH!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Well, trying to fit back into my prebaby jeans after Donnie....which BTW I DID, and trying to have some sense of sexiness once in a while (even though I am a MOM!!). Now I'm in maternity comfort clothes, anything that fits and is somewhat comfortable.....maybe cute if I'm lucky, or care that day.
32. What kept you sane?
My husband....as usual, he's an awesome guy! And of course my unwavering rock/ best friend my cousin Jacqui. Also, my family...and the Huff family, it's great to have such a close bond with our families.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
McDreamy...I fell in love with Grey's Anatomy last year. Not so much now.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The war in Iraq....need I say more!!
35. Who did you miss? My girlfriends from high school who I don't see nearly enough. My grandma. The Morrison's.
36. Who was the best new person you met? A fellow teacher from school...Heather, it was great to have such a good friend in my first teaching job last year.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
"Don't sweat the small stuff....life's too short".... it's so cliche, but so true.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Ummmmm, I'm bad at remembering lyrics.....sorry, I've got nothing!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I'm so glad you updated! It sounds like you had a great year. How are you feeling, btw?