Monday, March 17, 2008

Today & a weekend recap.....

So today, I just had my 33 week check-up..... and I gained 9 lbs.- you heard me 9 lbs!!! OMG.....I couldn't believe it!!! But, I guess I'm alright with it since my last visit he said I actually lost weight, pretty sure that was due to the flu bug I had a few weeks ago, so I'm able to justify the 9 lbs for both visits....haha!!

Not too much exciting news around here. We had a nice weekend, not too many things going on, but just enough to keep us busy.

* Friday- I went scrapbooking with Nicole, Leslie, Jane, and LeAnn....and I had a GREAT time, it was nice to have a girls night out and meet a few new faces. I went up early, thinking I would finish my name letters for the boys rooms (Donnie and Nolan...though not 100% positive on Nolan) then just shop around, and head home. But, I got to chatting, eating, and laughing and ended up staying longer than anticipated.....next time, I'll definitely have to bring enough stuff to stay until midnight, because the time flies when your there!



* Saturday- Don and I (no Donnie!!) went over to our friends Max and Kami's for a couples night, with about 4 other couples....which was also a lot of fun. They had a few video games going...Wii (sp??) - the interactive video game, which by the way is ADDICTING if you haven't played it. And also, Karaoke on PlayStation, I sang a few songs with Kami, but the true "Rock Star" for the evening was Don...LOL!! After he had a few beers, he would slyly head over to the Karaoke for some Bon Jovi, or Poison, or Metallica...you know all those old 90's rock bands from his era. :) It was a good time with some old friends we haven't hung out with in a while.



* Sunday- We worked on house chores.....laundry, cleaning the baby's room, dishes, more laundry, just the usual Sunday clean-up. My Mother-in-law came over and put a stencil up on in the baby's room, that just looks wonderful.....his room is a light blue and the stencil is a chocolate brown, it makes the whole room look different, just what it needed!! Then we had plans to just stay home and eat dinner, but my in-laws invited us at the last minute to come over for burgers on the grill, it was actually nice enough to cook on the grill yesterday, so we headed over there for dinner at it was yummy! Oh, I almost forgot they were venison burgers(sp??.... you know, deer), at first I was a little hesitant about trying them, but I'm glad I did they were delicious!!



Just a boring old recap of my weekend.....How was your weekend?


Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Emilie said...

Sounds like a pretty nice weekend to me! I was gonna go scrapbooking but because we went to GR, I didn't go. It just seemed like too much. Im glad you had fun, the night really does go by quick!

Venison burgers huh??? Hmmm Jade and Leslie swear by them!

My weekend was fun, too short but oh well. GR is a neat city. I wish we went there more often...
talk to you soon!

Leslie Collins said...

I would have loved to heard Don sing. THat would have been hillarous!

Scrapping was a lot of fun. Next time, you should scrap! :)

Talk to you later....and see you tonight.

Nicole said...

Oh so that's why you didn't bring scrapbook stuff... you thought we'd bore you out of your gourd for 10 hours straight? HAHAHAHA! Next time bring some scrapbook stuff, silly! Its a CROP. ;) Glad you could join us, though. Fun times... reminiscing about our psychotic post delivery days....

Anonymous said...

I know scrapping goes by quick. I am sad that I couldn't make it to scrap on Friday because it is a lot of fun. Maybe I will see you there next time.

jane said...

You and Nicole were cracking me up with your stories. It was so fun to just be with girls and LAUGH. Have a great weekend!

Nicole said...

Knock Knock! You were tagged! http://oh-my-words.blogspot.com/2008/03/tagged.html