Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mixed emotions...almost the big day!

A year ago today, I was crying in Dr. Farhat's office, begging him to induce me. Nolan's due date was actually today, May 6, 2008, but Nolan obviously was still just chillin' out in the oven wanting to bake a little longer (fat little terd)! Anywho, Dr. Farhat said we could induce because Nolan was gonna be a decent size baby... about 8.5 he anticipated, and once again like always Geraldo (I mean Dr. Farhat) was right. Originally he was going to let me go a week past my due date, then induce (I can't imagine Nolan being any bigger)... man am I glad I whined nice & LOUD in his office. :) Thus, Nolan Jeffrey Huff would make his grand entrance on May 7, 2008!

So, I'm having all these weird emotions with Nolan's First Birthday:
  • Sad, very sad this year has gone by in such a blink of an eye... this second time around everything has whizzed by...
  • he's already had his first smile, rolled over, sat up on his own, crawled, taken his first step, blown his first kiss, said his first word (Ma' ma'), all those firsts are gone... & it makes me sad, teary eyed sad ;(
  • missing that new baby smell, that sweet aroma of a brand new baby's skin. Ahhh... there's nothing in the world like that smell.
  • enjoying all that Nolan has brought to our family.... his laid back demeanor, his happy go-lucky personality, his silly little laugh, his growling like a T-Rex (courtesy of Donnie), the way he scrunches up his nose and makes this weird little face, his love of food, his stumpy legs... he needs those to hold his roley little body though, right ;), just his roley little self makes me smile!
  • the great little friendship and bond him and his brother have, I never would have imagined how much I would love having boys until I saw these two together. I'm absolutely enamored with them.
  • wondering if this will be the last first birthday that we celebrate around here.... we're still in the "I don't know, maybe, stage" ??
  • loving the fact he's becoming so very independent, remember I really start liking my children after about the first year of their life (even though I will miss those milestones)...not a fan of the baby stage, which is the whole first year, imo.
  • anxious for all the new big boy stuff he's gonna be able to do this summer.

Everything is just going waaaaaaaay to fast, I need to stop time somehow and savor and cherish and live all those precious moments, smells, and firsts again .... *Ahhhh* sigh. Who knew a first birthday could be SO traumatic on a mother.?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Isn't is so bittersweet how fast this year has gone by? I love the stage Hudson is getting to, but SO SAD that all the baby-ness is gone! Pretty soon we'll be onto #3... THAT one will be the most depressing for me because I'm pretty sure... ok, like 75% sure... #3 will be the LAST.

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

i can't believe its been a year for these babies!!!