Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tid bits about the boys...

Nolan:
(Fat feet)

* Is walking all around! He started walking a few weeks ago, the real shaky walk where they look like their gonna plop over any minute, but he's officially walking around now, fairly smooth. :) So, I figured it was time I start putting some shoes on the boy, I went to buy him new shoes yesterday, which I wasn't thinking that I'd have to do because Donnie has so many hand-me down items I thought I'd be good to go in the shoe dept. Well, a few days ago I went to put some tennis shoes on Nolan that Donnie had and were practically like brand new. I tried to put Nolan's foot into these shoes and I was totally cracking up trying to do it.... Nolan's feet are like little balls, like a fist balled up that won't open, except his feet are flattened out not balled up, they're just SO fat that they look like little balled up fists!! I was pushing and shoving and nothing. nothing. Nolan's foot was just NOT going into those shoes. So, I figured maybe I should go to a shoe store have him measured and buy the poor little guy some shoes that actually fit. JCPenny's here we come! Yeah pathetic, it's about the only shoe store in town that has baby shoes and can measure his feet. He did get a new pair of New Balance tennis shoes... 5 wide to be exact... and they were on sale! Yay, gotta love sales! Oh, did I mention I didn't have an option, the only tennis shoes they had in a wide were the New Balances. I think my next trip to buy shoes is going to be at an outlet that has Stride Rites or some type of shoe I can buy in wides. Grrreat my options are going to be endless! Not only do I have to search to find "cute" boy shoes, but now I have to find Nolan wides, fun fun.

Donnie:
(Curious)

* Is so curious about animals... everything, he asks questions about everything pertaining to animals. Today, we were watching Go Diego, Go and of course Diego is an animal rescuer, so the questions are endless after we watch him. A sea turtle was today's topic of discussion for Donnie. He learned that turtles lay eggs and the babies hatch from the eggs. Along with dinosaurs and birds... he always asks about their eggs.? And their Mommas...and where their Mommas are... Not sure what that's all about? Anyways, today he says to me...

D : Turtles lay eggs Mom?
M: Yes (with a look of you already know that).
D: Where do they lay eggs?
M: What?
D: Do they pee them out?
M: Ummm....
D: Do they pee them out of their butts?
M: Ummm....?? I don't know honey, I'll have to find out. (Seriously, that's what I said....what the hell? Do turtle have female parts? Where do the eggs come out of? I might have to google that tonight! hahhaha!)

I don't know where he comes up with these things... so inquisitive.

3 comments:

heather said...

Re Nolan and shoes...
Check Payless shoes from time to time. You can luck out and find decent styles there once in awhile and they usually carry wides.
Otherwise go to Stride Rite, get his foot sized for their shoes and then look on Ebay. There's always tons of good ones to choose from and most are barely used for a fraction of the price. We had a Stride Rite outlet close by when we lived in Portland so I was spoiled... we're in love with their shoes. And my kids both wore wides. Moving to MI I couldn't find an outlet... don't remember if I ever did find one around. I think maybe just Michigan City??
Good luck! Sawyer's back to regular width shoes now and I know even those are hard to find in cute styles. That's why he's lived in Converse Chucks for the past two years!!

Kim said...

Ha! Both my kids have the ball feet - well, not Morgan so much anymore but Callie, definately. They both need wide.

Every time we go to the US, we hit a Stride Rite outlet and seriously, we buy the kids shoes in the next 3 sizes. Here they are about $50-$60 for Stride Rites.. um, no thanks!

We call the ball feet Fred Flintstones LOL

jane said...

Haha! I am totally cracking up because I can just see you beeing like "Uh, I don't know I will have to look that up." Can't wait for these types of questions. My neice asked me today what a Saint was. How do you explain that to a little kid? lol