Thursday, May 21, 2009

Yup.....

Well, yes it's true.....Donnie & Nolan are going to have a new sibling soon. :) I am pregnant! I know the suspense is killing some of you, so I'm not holding out any longer, I might burst at the seams if I don't say it soon!

At first, I was hesitant to even post this because I didn't want it to come across as being ungrateful or selfish, but initially when we first found out I really wasn't that excited I was pregnant again, so quick. A little shocked, a lot scared, and a whole ball of emotions rolled up into one. Therefore, making it a little hard to put all my feeling and emotions into words and post it. Kwim? Of course, after the initial shock and surprise has set in (because we weren't "trying" per say, but I'm not going to explain our whole birth control method...TMI, just know it DIDN'T work, obviously!) I'm slowly warming up to the idea of 3 children. And 3 car seats. And 3 bedrooms for the kids. And a minivan not doubt. And 3 children UNDER the age of 4. And 3. And 3. And 3. And just the pure insanity of the next few years of my life! But, with that said I am getting more and more excited, can't you tell?

Some worry and doubt and guilt has set in most definitely. I'm not so much worried about Donnie (the more demanding of the two) and this new baby who will soon be joining our family, but I'm really worried about Nolan (easy going Nolan). I don't feel that Nolan will even have a chance. Major guilt has set in about adding a new addition to our family so soon, when Nolan will only be 20 months old. He's one of those kids who, thus far, hasn't really demanded our attention (*ahem* unlike another little boy in our house:) maybe this will change with age though...?. His easygoing personality could be easily taken advantage of by us. Will he simply be swept under the rug while I'm tending to new born? Yes, most likely. Will he be slighted with our attention and love? Not love, but attention most likely. Will he have the middle child syndrome? Ummm, not sure about this one, as I only have one other sibling. Does my little Roley Noly even have a chance? Those of you that have 3 children, or nannied 3 children close in age, or are one of three or more in your own family.... tell me you thoughts, your opinions, your experiences, I'm very curious to know... It might put my mind at ease.

I know this post is all over the place with feelings & emotions & concerns...sorry! At any rate that is our news!! I am slowly getting more excited each day thinking about expanding our family again. A little nervous as well. But, we know we have been blessed to get pregnant with a healthy child again (which is in our prayers each and every night, as that is ALL that matters to us.) We are grateful!

19 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

I am psyched to hear your news!! I dont have any advice for the 3 child scenario, sorry. Im happy that you have shared your news with us and you have a great group of friends around you for support!

Nicole said...

I'm freaking excited for you! Little did you know the Extra Clean, Low Miles, Nice Van was going to be yours for good HAHA!

I wish I was brave enough to to have another so soon but I've got to stick to my plan :)

Congrats! I can't wait to hear the baby names you guys have!!

Steph said...

Congrats!!!!! :)

Nicole said...

Wow! Congrats... don't worry about your middle child... Nolan is going to be just fine!!! Just know in your hear that things are supposed to be this way and there is a greater plan... he was meant to be the middle child... and he will not know any different! He won't feel neglected... just very happy to be the boss of someone smaller! :-) Excited for you.... glad you're at peace with it... I'm sure it was a shock!

K.M.L said...

Katie and Don,
So excited for you guys! :) Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jane said...

Congrats Katie!! That is wonderful unexpected news. Nolan will be fine. I have two older brothers and I have to say my middle brother is one of the BEST people I know. I am also married to a middle child. They are just good people!!!!

Chrystal said...

Hi Katie - I came across your blog from Jane's - we went to high school together. I was touched when I read what you wrote - congratulations! I am also married to a middle child and he is the best person I have ever met. You sound like a great mom and your kids are lucky to have you!

Leslie Collins said...

i knew it!!!!! that was my guess. i was going to call you today, but reyna is not feeling well and it's been a llloonnng day.

it is exciting news. everything will work out. it's funny how things have a way of working out and in the end, we can't imagine them any different. :)

Heather S. said...

Congrats!! We are so excited for you!! I still feel guilty about the lack of attention Lucy gets - but we are really trying to make extra time just for her. She loves having a baby sister and I think right now that far outweighs the middle child stuff. I am a middle (actually the 2nd of 4) and I think I survived!

Stephanie said...

Katie!!!!!!!!

That's so awesome, congratulations!! I don't think you should worry at all about having Nolan be the middle child. Like Nicole said, he'll be thrilled to have a younger sibling to play with and boss around! Such exciting news.

kim said...

oh my gosh!! congrats! best of luck for a healthy pregnancy and sweet little baby. :)

Tracy said...

Congrats to you and your family!! It's going to be tough at times, but the good will definitely outweigh the bad :) Our youngest 2 are only 14 months apart...and I swore I would NEVER have kids that close in age, and how it wouldn't be fair to the older one and that the older one would resent the younger sibling, but so far that has happened! He actually has completely loved on her from the start! Your Nolan will do just fine :) I hope you continue to have a healthy pregnancy!!

Denise said...

First of all CONGRATS! Second of all, I 150% know how you feel with the exception that I got TWO in my unexpected pregnancy and to say I was not excited was a huge understatement. BUT, with that being said, God does know what he is doing and everything will work out for the best. I can't imagine my life without Boston & Cooper in it. They were meant to come when they did & I'm thankful that God could see that when I didn't. Congrats again & good luck! Three is AWESOME!

Maria said...

Congratulations! That's such exciting news :)
How far along are you?

by Lori Murphy said...

Holy Moly!! Congratulations and big hugs! What wonderful news.

#1. Stop analyzing...you'll drive yourself batty.

#2. You're going to have 2 of the biggest helpers in the world right by your side. The boys are going to be wonderful big brothers.

#3. Don't worry about Nolan. I think you'll find that you'll be so concerned with neglecting him that you'll probably inadvertently give him even more attention.

#4. In our case, because you don't have the attention to give to #3 like you did with #1 or #2 (wow, now they're numbers), they end up holding their own. The baby will have constant entertainment with the two older boys.

#5. It will be hard, but, as long as Don is willing to stand by your side, you will get through it. Thankfully, you have family and friends around you who will be more than willing to help out, I'm sure.

#6. Don't forget to enjoy this pregnancy every day, because it may be your last. Savor the special moments.

Whew! I think I'm done. ;)
Again, congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

Kristin said...

Congratulations! How exciting!:)

Emilie said...

Congrats!! Im sure its scary and exciting all at the same time! :)

lina said...

congrats! it will all be great! Mothers have a way of making things work :)