Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The "Minnie" Winnie trip to Holland....success!

Our (borrowed from Don's Uncle) "Minnie" Winnie!!


The Pier at Lake Michigan....




The "Barbie Mobile"


The Beach Day...






Well, we had our first annual Holland camping trip with The Barczak's, The Collin's, The Dawson's, and The Howard's.... it was a complete success!! I was a little hesitant with the idea of camping, the dirt, the bugs, the bathrooms, just the whole "idea" of camping scared me a little. But, I will be the first to say I was WRONG, the whole entire weekend was way too much fun and really flew by with a quickness! Don and I both said on the way home from the trip that we actually wished we would have stayed another night...made it a 3 night weekend instead of just a 2 day weekend, so to say the least the trip was a success! Great friends and great memories...what more could we ask for.?


Some of my favorite parts of the trip included:

  • Watching Donnie and all the little kids running around wild, but yet still listening and on good behavior for the most part (now if we could only get P's swearing under control! Damnit! LOL!

  • Eating breakfasts and dinners outdoors...it was nice to all sit down together and have one big "family" dinner altogether
  • The relaxation of being outdoors and watching a crackling fire at night
  • But, of course, roasting marshmallows and making smores.....
  • Conversation over the campfire after all the little chicklins' went to bed.... our "boss" time & staying up waaaay to late! Including: "getting some strange" ... needing to "activate" myself ... labor and delivery stories...since 3 of the 5 girls are preggers, again ... "Purple Twinkies"... Lumen Christi bashing...."Go Titans"... DNR coming over to tell us to quiet down ... Zofran meds. and constipation problems ... the list goes on...
  • Watching Grace and Nolan walking around with their fingers embedded up their nose.... one of their favorite past times.... pickin' their nose :)
  • Donnie, Porter, and Lukas riding/running themselves ragged around the "circle" by our campsite.... then pushing each other, fighting over a bike, swearing or biting each other, and then once again having a grande ol' time together... boys, go figure
  • Reyna spraying everything in sight with a water bottle from the dollar store, and calling Ryan B. "John" all weekend LOL!!
  • Watching Don (aka: the baby whisperer) with all the kids .... "just lovin' em'"
  • The Beach Day ..... what more do I need to say, Lake Michigan and fun in the sun
  • The kids obsession with Grace's Barbie Mobile

Lot's of great memories... All my worries about the weekend and it turned out to be a blast! Can't wait for our next camping trip.... (wait, did I just say that?? I can't believe it!)

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Oooh I like your little outline list... good memories!! I need to jot some down.

Ahh... yeah... guess who has been randomly biting... like I'll be be holding Porter's hand and he'll bite my hand. What the hell! Thanks, Donnie!! DAMNIT!! HAHA!

I'm glad you liked camping! :) It's not THAT bad, now is it?

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

And dont forget about Purple Twinkies!!! LMAO!!!

Heather S. said...

Glad you had fun! I seriously think I would camp more often if I had a great looking camper like yours!!

Carrie Cole said...

Hey who is the 3rd person that is preggers again....Has to be either you, Nic or Jane??? Must be Jane since I really dont think its you or Nic...do tell, lol!

Leslie Collins said...

omg.....too funny. i need to blog about the weekend still. i had a blast and cannot wait to do it again. yes,don is the baby whisperer!