Sunday, June 7, 2009

Where did the time go?? Seriously!

Feeling old and sentimental! Today I went to the open house of a little boy who my Mom used to do daycare for... we were their neighbors, as well as, turning into great family friends with them along the way. My Mom watched Matthew (Matt as his friends call him now) since he was 3 months old. 3 months! I remember coming home from school holding him on my lap and playing with him until his Mom came to pick him up, she was a school teacher, so I remember having to come home right away & get my play time in before he left. He also had an older sister Sara who my Mom also watched. These kids were practically like my siblings, my Mom used to take them to our sporting events, Dr.'s appt's when there parents were working, birthday parties, etc.... they were always around like part of our family.

So, today I went to his Graduation party from High School....and he is SO big! SO grown-up. He's off to Michigan State next year, he has a girlfriend, and he's SO mature, he's becoming a young man. I do have to brag and say these kids are turning into great young adults .... respectful, determined, kind, ambitious, all around good kids! I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea they are both going to be in College. Sara soon will be applying to Medical School's next winter, Matt's going to the College of Engineering at MSU, I couldn't be happier for these two, they both are fabulous kids and deserve all these great opportunities....hopefully, mine can turn out half as good as these two have. But, at any rate I was sitting at this open-house staring at Matthew thinking where in the world did time go?? Not long ago he was a little boy, Donnie's age running around just like Donnie was at his graduation party today.... it made me sad to think of "where did the time go" seriously!? It was like life happened and passed me by in blink of an eye! Of course, I'm very happy for him and the way his life is unfolding thus far, I just wish I could go back to those days sometimes...relive those great memories and cherish them more.

Maybe it's my hormones.... or the fact that I'm just turning into an old sentimental sap! Good Lord I don't wanna see what I'll be like when my own children go off to College. Who knows maybe by then I'll be pushing their little a$$es out the door?! LOL ;)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I know what you mean...I have two kids I tutored (when they were in 6th grade) graduating this year and I have their parties soon and I can't believe it. It makes me feel so old!