Saturday, November 10, 2007

Update.....a long time coming

OH.....MY......It's been so long since I've posted! I need to update on just about everything:

So here goes:


* Halloween.... was a blast, Donnie *LOVED* it, the costumes, the decorations, and of course the candy.....ahhhh, a boy after my own heart. He was a chicken...little cutie. I *heart* Halloween, I have since I was a kid.....scary movies, haunted houses, costumes, just the whole thing is a fun day for me (I honestly don't ever remember being scared or creeped out by the holiday ever, maybe I'm just a little strange or maybe just a little evil...hehe!!) I think Donnie might share the same passion for the CREEPY, CRAWLY, SPOOKY Holiday!!.....YAY!!







* My Job.....UGH!! Where do I start? Well, it's definitely not been any easy start (that's mildly put), I have an extremely disruptive group of students who have a major lack of respect for authority (which I'm working very hard on!), and my behavior issues = constant struggle. I'm not trying to complain, but it's honestly the truth, just how it is.... I'm doing my best to try new tactics, new rewards/positive reinforcement, different punishments, basically ANYTHING that will help me survive the day! And not to mention that about 70% of my students are below grade level, which is very difficult, but the truly sad part is that 80% of the students in our school are below grade level! Which is NOT due to lack of effort by the staff, I'm truly amazed at some of my staff members, most of them are there because they choose to be not because they were forced.....they really have a passion for the inner city kids - it's inspiring to see. But, also doesn't make my current situation any easier.


* My Pregnancy (15 weeks) - On a happier note, I will be 15 weeks on Tuesday....I can't believe it's 15 weeks already!! WOW! Time is flying by. I did have an ultrasound and we saw the little peanut floating around, moving his/her arms and legs it was SO neat! We actually were not scheduled to have an ultrasound that early (13 weeks) but, we went in to hear the heart beat because at 11 weeks we weren't able to hear it AND once again NO HEART BEAT....I could hardly believe it! I was so scared, all I could say was "is this normal". Needless to say we had an ultrasound in the office that day and the coast was clear....a little healthy baby aimlessly floating around in my tummy hiding from the doppler!


Okay, enough for now...hopefully I'll be on in a few days to babble about something, thanks out there if your still reading, I didn't stop blogging!! LOL!


Oh, I forgot to mention Donnie and I are both on antibiotics for strep throat....feeling like crap, we're taking the weekend to recover. Hopefully all better to go up-north next weekend for a little R&R.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you guys are feeling better.

Donnie looked adorable in his Halloween costume. It sounds like he is going to love Halloween just like you.

Hope you have a great week. Remember, just try to get thru the rest of the time you have there. It will be over soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Is that a chicken?
Okay, maybe it's just me but I didn't really know what he was supposed to be. If you ask me, it looks like a strange yellow fluffy unicorn with an orange horn coming out of his head.

Katie said...

Hey someone....next time can you at least put your name!?

Do I have a hater on my blog....was that comment supposed to be funny? Because I didn't appreciate it & didn't find the humor in it, maybe it would be different if I new who "someone" was....but I don't. I feel like I have to give my first grade teacher speech = "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"....this is in fact MY blog.

Thanks.

K.M.L said...

Happy Thanksgiving! and...TAG...you're it! Check out my blog!