Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Devil Child.....

What happened to my sweet innocent little man???...... Donnie, as I used to call him.

New name........Devil Child. LOL!

I'm so not trying to be an evil wicked mother, but my kid seriously has issues.....with his inner Karate Kid wanting to "Kung Fu" his little brother. My husband had this brilliant idea to take Donnie to see "Kung Fu Panda" and while that seems like a great movie for a 2 1/2 yr. old, ever since he saw it he has been trying to "karate chop", I call it "Kung Fu" everything and everyone in sight!! Good Lord the kid walks around all day saying....."Hi-Ya", "I fight you" ALL DAY LONG in this raspy wicked little voice.....scary I tell ya. It really doesn't bother me of course because I know he is only imitating the movie he just saw (thanks Don), but I really don't think his 9 week old brother appreciates being "Kung Fu-ed". Today, as I was upstairs attempting to get semi-cleaned up, all of the sudden I hear Nolan crying and Donnie jumping.... I instantly new what was going on, so I run downstairs only to find Donnie standing over Nolan with his sword in hand, Nolan's play mat bars pushed down, and Nolan (the good son) just staring up at the "Karate Kid" with a stunned/horrified look on his face. Needless to say, Donnie had decided that he should Kung Fu Nolan's play mat while Nolan was laying under it.....Aiy-yi-yi!!! Poor little, innocent Nolan. I don't know what I'm gonna do with two boys....so much energy......so much "rough housing"....so much Kung Fu-ing!

**Ahhhhh....the joys of mothering a 2 yr. old and an infant.....**

Maybe one day Donnie will grow to "love", heck I'll even settle for "like" right now, his little brother (the good son :) hehehe!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

OMG I'm cracking up at this! "The good son" HAHAH! I can only imagine what Nolan was thinking as Donnie Kung Fu-ed him.

Leslie Collins said...

Okay, call me a terrible friend. I forgot to call you yesterday!!! I am so sorry. The past two evenings, I have been having to prevent migraines and heading to bed early. I have been using the "I have been living in a fog" excuse for the past couple of days. I am so sorry. I am at work and will call you later on. :)

I love the "good son" comment. Too funny. I wonder what Nolan was thinking. :)

Leslie Collins said...

Okay, call me a terrible friend. I forgot to call you yesterday!!! I am so sorry. The past two evenings, I have been having to prevent migraines and heading to bed early. I have been using the "I have been living in a fog" excuse for the past couple of days. I am so sorry. I am at work and will call you later on. :)

I love the "good son" comment. Too funny. I wonder what Nolan was thinking. :)

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

OMG.. the Good son is great!! We thought about taking Lukas to see Kung Fu Panda and now I can only imagine! You'll have to record some video for us!! :)

jane said...

Boys are so funny!! Someday Nolan will remember this repressed memory of getting Kun Fu-ed and Donnie will get what's coming to him :)

Anonymous said...

LOL..."kung fu-ed"...love it. I'm sure there's never all dull moment at your house! We're working on our patio in the backyard..and anticipating a bbq (hopefully sometime before next summer:)we'll let you know so we can all get together and let the kiddos run wild!