Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Car snob

I feel like I'm becoming a snob about my cars......and it's ALL because of Don. Most of you know that he works at his family's car dealership, therefore making it very convenient to get whatever cars we like within reason. He simply tells his uncle what to look for at the auctions - color, make, miles, and we buy it at cost.... it's one of the perks, I'm well aware. And let's see since we've been married I've had 3 different cars...... 1) Chevy Malibu. 2) Grand Prix. 3) Volvo S80....by FAR my favorite :) - It had heated leather seats, a big backseat, power everything, a moonroof....etc.....just all the goodies! Well, I'm currently on my 4th vehicle..... a 2006 Jeep Grande Cherokee Laredo, now I'll start by saying it's not a horrible vehicle, but it's really not that great either....

Dislikes:
1) I don't like cloth seats at ALL, I never realized how hard it is to clean stuff up and the stains that they leave, leather is just much more user friendly in my opinion.
2) The back seat sucks....it's tiny, I'm pretty sure my Volvo had a bigger backseat than this SUV. Grrrr!
3) It doesn't have any extras.....no heated seats (love those things), no moon roof, no fancy dash board ......it's just got the basics, though it is a 2006 with 15,000 miles & still under warranty, but still NO GOODIES...

So, I've decided to start telling my husband what I want, not just being happy with whatever he brings home. I'm on the look out for a new vehicle, and I've been deciding on what I really want.

Wants:
1) More backseat room for the kids and car seats..... hate those car seats.
2) Leather- if at all possible (heated seats too)!
3) Possible 3rd row seating, if it offers it why not, it just makes sense to me....right?
4) A PURDY dashboard.... just because I like them :) LOL!

Here's a few of my choices: This and This....... I think that either would work for me. And I've even been attracted to these lately too, even though I'm not a big minivan lover, they are pretty spacious and cute. Any of theses vehicles would have to be a 2005/2006/2007, because their dealership is a used car one...... and even if it weren't my hubby is to much of a cheap a$$ to buy anything brand spank'n new :)

**Anyone own these? Driven them?...... Likes? Dislikes? Fill me in. Please.**

So, I'm convinced his job at the dealership has turned me into a car snob. It's just WAY to easy ..... get a car, get sick of it or just flat out don't like it, look for one I do want, sell the old one, and on to the next...... so on, and so on.

- Just a funny FYI - In college a drove a 99' maybe 98' Geo Prism (not cute)...... HAHA!! Yeah, he got rid of that thing right away! hahaha!

5 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Gotta love those perks for sure! Can't help you on those choices that you want, but thats good you know what you are looking for. good luck!
love your new banner too!

Dan and Amanda said...

We just bought a used 2006 Honda Pilot and we LOVE it!!! It has all the extras you were talking about. :)

MacKenzie Leigh said...

So yeah...gotta love the dealership perks! I've had them since I was 16. I'm pretty sure I have literally had....eh....35-40 cars? hahaha
My mom, my sister, and I are ALL spoiled. My mom has a brand spankin' new Lexus ES (But she is the boss's wifey...haha and she doesn't get paid to work)
I am quite picky also, usually Pontiac GrandPrix, new Malibu, Rendezvous, and all the latest sports cars before Jocelyn came along. LOL And my sister is in nothing less than an 04 Grand Am GT.
My sister is by far the biggest car snob eveeeeeer. But me and you may be in a close second! LOL

K.M.L said...

I haven't driven any of those! Sorry! But I love my Escape! :) BTW...LOVE the new banner!!!

Amy said...

Katie - friend of Don's from college. I'd consider myself a car snob as well, but I always have to pay full price! So, I drive a Toyota Sequoia - picked that one over the Yukon because it's foreign.... I love it! Definitely need leather seats with kids too - we put in some aftermarket leather(nicer), remote start, moonroof, etc. I'd definitely recommend it. Other vehicle I wanted, but my husband wouldn't buy American - the GMC Acadia. Those things are nice loaded up! Good luck!