Thursday, December 25, 2008

Aren't we the lucky ones....

Yes, we sure are. Santa made a grande stop at our house on *Christmas Eve*.... Donnie, Nolan, Daddy, & Mommy got all they could have wished for. And, but of course, we had two other fa-bu-lous Christmas's at Grandma & Grandpa Huff's house and at my parent's house (Grandma and Grandpa Senn's). These two little boys were/are spoiled..... I hate saying that, but honestly after seeing our trunck this evening on the way home aaannnnd realizing what Santa had already brought them at our house the only way to say it honestly is... spoiled! I figure that's okay you're only a little kid once in your life.... then the novelty of the holiday fads away, & it's less expensive for Santa now than when their teenagers...right! ;) Donnie definitely had a few "WOW! Factor" presents - as Don would say(that's a whole other story... as Don had to make sure Santa brought a "Wow! Factor" present...huh??). They were most definitely this and *this- *I was really impressed with this as we got it set up...very cool (Toy House...my favorite)! It was a lot of fun to watch Donnie this year as he is starting to really "get it" and have some concept of what is happening. Nolan, well, he was mostly interested with the bows and eating the wrapping paper...(I new we should have just wrapped empty boxes! LOL!) We were very blessed to have such a wonderful Christmas this year, as I know it's a hard time for many families struggling this holiday season, we are truly lucky. My one regret....we didn't make Jesus a Birthday Cake this year, that was one of my goals to do with Donnie, but plans for Christmas Eve changed at the last minute therefore changing Christmas Day plans slightly and we just didn't have time. Next year...it WILL happen (even if we do it on Christmas Eve), as I want this to be a tradition that I can carry on with my children. I do have to say, I think Donnie understood(to the extent a 3 yr. old can understand) some of the stories we read and talked to him about what Christmas is REALLY all about.

**Now for the few returns tomorrow....ugh! Wish me luck!**

Merry Christmas to all .... and to all a goodnight :) I'm pooped!

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

That has been one of my goals too, is to make Jesus a birthday cake. I was really impressed though on how much Lukas did pick up on the Christmas story though. :)