Monday, December 29, 2008

"I should have never left the house".....

This is what I was saying to myself yesterday as I was tyring to find a way into my house!

Here's the scoop:

A comedy of errors-
Saturday evening we (me & the boys) went over to Nicole's house for a "widow's night" since both of our hubby's were in Green Bay watching the Lions make history(in 22 degree weather).....and BAD history at that, the first time ever an NFL team has finished the season 16-0, meaning 16 loses and 0 wins, correct me if I'm wrong, but it was some horrible statistic like that I'm pretty sure. (Didn't know I new so much about sports...uh?:) Poor Lions! Anyways on with the story.... So, we have a fun filled night at Nicole's, the boys watched the intolerable Speed Racer movie once again, ate cheese popcorn, and jumped around the living room like two hyeena's until bedtime....Nolan and Hudson sat staring at each other aimlessly, chewing on toys, & crawling around (Nolan that is...) just being curious 7 month olds. Later after the boys went to bed and Nicole's nieces got picked up we scrapbooked and chatted till' waaaaaay past my normal bedtime, but it was much needed on my part, I think I might be getting back into the scrapping mode! YAY!!

Okay, fast forward to Sunday 9am., after leaving Nicole's. I thought it would be nice to get home nice and early, take a shower/get ready, get the boys cleaned up and let Nolan take his morning nap, get all of us ready to be on the road by 12pm. as we had to head out to Sterling Heights (1hr. 45 min. drive) for a family Christmas Party..... thinking 3 hrs. should give me plenty of time right.(?) Hmmmm... So, I thought. I drive up to my house and I was thinking - I'm sure I left the lights on outside the garage, as this is a habit of mine, so when I get home I have lights when it's dark. No lights on. Then, I push the garage door opener and it doesn't work.....hmmm? I continue to press it another 5 times like a moron thinking if it didn't work on the 2nd try it'll surely work on the 5th try. Duh! So, no lights, no garage door open, and guess what.... I have no house key... I tend not to carry one since I usually open my garage door and leave the house door to the garage unlocked or I'm with my husband who has em' on him. At this point for some crazy reason I start to get ticked off at Don....thinking something had to be wrong with our garage door...like it needed a new battery, or it broke, or a fuse blew, or something happened that just had to be his fault and if he wouldn't of told me to just lock the house up and come through the garage none of this would be happening damn-it...thanks Don!!! (Am I the only insane wife who if something happens it somehow has to be the fault of her husband, even if he's out-of-state....I know, I'm crazy I tell ya!) So, I tried to get in through a few windows...they were locked, tried ALL my doors hoping I left one unlocked-Nada! Finally, I called my parents & my mother-in-law to see if they had spare keys....nope. And this is when I find out from my MIL we lost electricity from the wind storm the night before(Ooops, sorry Don, not your fault). The one that kept me up 1/2 the night & I was already going on only about 4/5hrs. of sleep anyways...... niiiiiiice, I'm locked out AND sleep deprived, trying to figure out how I was going to get myself and kids ready for this party with no way into my house, no Christmas outfits from the Gap/Macy's for the boys to wear, no clothes for myself, and no Christmas present to take for the gift exchange! *Mind you I have a 3 yr. old & 7 month old, so anywhere I go I pack almost everything but the kitchen sink! How the hell am I gonna pull this off? Needless to say, the day is NOT going how I planned! UGH! We eventually head over to my parents house get unpacked and I rummage through our overnight/yesterday clothing figuring out what I can possibly put on my kids, then I rummage through my Mom's emergency clothes she keeps for the boys and find them a half-way decent looking outfit...but, it's definitely not the cute Gap & Macy's outfits I had bought for them....waaaaah! Then I attempt to find a sweater to wear from my mother's closet......let's just say we're not exactly the same size, plus she has no curling iron and my hair is....well, let's just say it's untameable without an iron! We head out to the Christmas Party and I'm feeling and looking like a hot mess, stressed out from being in the car with a toddler, 7 month old, & my parents for 2 hrs., and no husband to vent too, but..... we still had a great time (okay, I did after a strong glass of wine, or two :))

Monday morning and we finally got electricity! Woo-Hoo! Let me tell ya, unexpectedly living out of an overnight bag for 48 hrs. with 2 small children, staying with my crazy, yet loving parents ;), and NO husband in sight is not my idea of a fun weekend! LOL! I think I was also a little bitter knowing that my husband was having a good ol' time drinking beer with his buddies watching a football game while I was a mad woman trying to hold on to the few shreds of sanity I had left.

Oh, and to top it off, I can't find my wedding rings...... hoping they're at my parents house!? Ha! Why the hell should I be surprised after the type of weekend I had?!

As, I was walking through the door this morning I was thinking to myself "I should have never even left the house this weekend"...... ever have one of those days/weekends/weeks, where you feel like you have a bad omen/karma? And all you can do is laugh because you think, could it get any worse, yet it's comical at the same time?!

Hope your weekend went a little smoother than mine :)

4 comments:

Kim said...

Yikes, that is some bad luck my friend LOL I do the same thing though - go in through the garage and leave that door open, note to self might not be the best idea!

Heather S. said...

So sorry things were so stressful! I also go in through the garage and never think about needing to get in the front door!!

Leslie Collins said...

So sorry to hear that you had a rough weekend. I hope that all turned out okay. Did you find your rings?

Sorry I wasn't able to join you gals, but I had a Christmas party to go to. My parents took Reyna and I enjoyed myself at home cleaning and catching up. :)

jane said...

Oh no!! I'm glad the wine helped. The only cure for looking and feeling like a "hot mess"- LOL.