Friday, March 6, 2009

Eeeeek, please NO!

Donnie goes to G-Ma Huff's on Tues. & Thurs., which by the way....he LOVES!! But, really what 3 yr. old wouldn't have a blast there.... donkey's & goats to feed at the barn in the morning, bird feeders to be filled also in the morning, toys that overflow her sun room for all the little chicklins' she's got running around, a home-made sand box outside by the pool....more like a sand mountain w/ climbing toys in it, a basement with tile flooring, perfect for hockey & numerous sports .... seriously this woman has a house MADE for small children, they love it over at that nut house!! She's crazy though. Not in a bad way crazy, but very, Ummmmm... how can I put this, eccentric may be a good word for her (we love her for her eccentricness!) :) Anyways on with the SCARY part...

Gabe, her 1st grader (yeah, she's 54 w/ a 1st & 4th grader, long story, can't get into it now..) So, she calls me at school yesterday telling me Gabe was sent home from school with a rash on his face. Nothing serious, but of course school thought he should go home... in the case he was contagious. So, I was able to skip out of school about a half hour early, sit with my boys while she took Gabe to the Doctor's and wait for her 4th grader to get of the bus. She comes back from the doctor's and says Gabe has STREP-THROAT.... Eeeeeek!! No please NOT STREP.... that's what I was thinking at this point. If you've read my fear of strep before on my blog you know why.... Donnie & I are SUPER susceptible, not even sure if you can be susceptible to that, but we are! Donnie had it 4 times last year at the ripe old age of 2 (poor whittle baby!) and I've had it numerous time... twice when I was preggo's. UGH!! I'm just waiting, waiting for all the symptoms to appear. Waiting for the fever. Waiting for the throw-ups. Just waiting. Of course, I'm sure it'll take about a week for the symptoms to hit.... just in time for my weekend Master's Course.... Woooo-F-ing-Hoooo!! I'm just prying for some crazy reason that Donnie and I can stay safe. Safe from that dreaded STREP-THROAT.... Wish us luck & a danm good immune system!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

YUCK! Good luck on that.

Is Gab's name spelled Gab or Gabe?? Weird.

Katie said...

OMG! Hahaha! Yes, Gabe would be spelled G.A.B.E.... durrr!

MacKenzie said...

Jocelyn just had strep throat last week. Bleh. Luckily the only reason we knew about it was b/c I took her to see Dr. Williams about a cough that wouldn't go away and turns out she has strep. I didn't know you got the throw-ups with it. Gross. Load up on your Vit-C, sleep, and eat healthy then I'll cross my fingers and hope you don't get it. ;)

Dan and Amanda said...

Yuck! Hope you both stay healthy! :)