Friday, August 1, 2008

I should be excited, but......

We are supposed to be leaving tomorrow morning for our vacation with my family in Curtis for a week, on Lake Manistique, in U.P. of Michigan. But, first we were going to go to Don's cousin Sarah's wedding tomorrow in Bloomfield Hills, near the Detroit area, go to the reception, stay the night after the wedding and then leave Sunday morning for our big 7 hour trip up north....... And wouldn't-cha know it we've hit a speed bump people!

I haven't been feeling that great the last few days and neither has Donnie, we've both been carrying around what I thought was a head cold and just feeling icky. Well, my mother-in-law came over this morning to give me directions to the wedding and tell me that she just took Carl, her 9 yr. old to the Dr.'s as he wasn't feeling that great....same symptoms as us and.....HE HAS STREP THROAT!!!! Grrrrrr! Now to the normal person this wouldn't be a big deal, but since Donnie and myself are for some reason, unknown to me, prone to getting strep throat I'm super anxious, remember last year I had it 3 times and Donnie had it 4 times, in just a matter of a few months period! So, I took my temp......99.5 & Donnie's 99.0, I scheduled him and I appointments for this afternoon, just to be safe and get meds. before our vacation if needed..... Man, I hope we just have the common cold, I really hate being on antibiotics and feeling like crap for the next few days...YUCK!!! We're supposed to be getting excited and ready for relaxing family time, not going to the Dr.'s for antibiotics and steering clear of everyone for the next 24 hours..... UGH!! BUMMER!!

Wish us luck & good health....... :)

3 comments:

K.M.L said...

Ugh! That's no fun! I hope you all feel better soon and have fun on vacation!

Leslie Collins said...

I hope you guys feel better. Have you thought about asking the pedi if they would write a scrip for Nolan just in case?

Have a great vacay and see you when you come home.

Heather S. said...

I hope you start feeling better soon!!!!

Love the new look to your blog!! What adorable boys you have!