Sunday, February 15, 2009

Daddy & Donnie; Mommy & Nolan

Nolan and I stayed home this weekend while Don and Donnie went up to the cabin for a "boys weekend" with Don's Dad and his brothers. They spent the weekend snowmobiling, sledding down a hill that they made for the"Winter Festival" in town, and watching movies! I think all the things on their To Do List, were accomplished. I talked to Donnie on the phone last night and he said "he was playing nice"... hmmm? so, I guess that meant he was having a good time!?:) Don said whenever they stopped on the snowmobile Donnie would say "Come on Dad, let's ride!" Two peas in a pod, what can I say! I on the other hand I spent my weekend with Roly Noly. I said it once and I'll say it again.... Nolan is the BEST baby (my sweet little ball-o-love)!! My friend Sheri and I went to Ann Arbor to shop at Briarwood Mall for all the winter clearance sales and drool over things at Pottery Barn. We took Nolan with us and he was a perfect peach the entire time. He sat in his stroller, people watched, and babbled up a storm. I was a little worried he would feel too confined in his stroller, since he's been on the go, movin' & shakin' lately, but he was good to just sit and chill while we were doing our thing at the stores. We got home from Briarwood and just had a fun girls night slumber party, watched movies, got pizza, and talked about randomness... a fun night for me!



It was really nice to only have Nolan for a few nights all by myself. I realized yesterday that I haven't really had much one-on-one time with Nolan since he's been born. I mean the quantity of one-on-one time I had with him this weekend. It was so nice to put all of my energy into just him without having to entertain, or fix, or keep occupied, or put to sleep, or feed lunch to a 3 yr. old. I was able to concentrate on just Nolan and give him my undivided attention, which I hadn't really noticed that I wasn't doing until yesterday..... and I don't mean that in a bad way, like he's neglected....I mean it in a way that really the only way I could give him that attention is if he would have been numero uno in the pecking order. It was crazy how I felt I was able to get so much done with just him around, I guess I've really forgotten what it's like to have only 1 child around! Oh, how I remember the days when Donnie was a baby and I thought how difficult it was to get anything done..... haha! How things have changed! This is all reminding me of watching this one morning from this article.....

What do you think? What # child are you in your family? Hmmmmm... I wonder what Donnie and Nolan will be like as they get older? Geez, and what about our 3rd (maybe :)? Interesting, definitely some food for thought.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Interesting article! I also found a few here...

http://www.slate.com/id/2169128/pagenum/all/

http://www.slate.com/id/2141628/


It does seem SO much easier with just one kid, doesn't it?

jane said...

Birth order has always been really interesting to me too. I am the baby of three and the only girl so you can guess how that would influence my personality! My middle brother is the best person I know though!! Glad you got some one-on-one time with Rolly Noly.