Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Nothing much...

Hmmmm.... thinking about what to type.

I'm at a little bit of a loss as to what I should write. So, of course, I'll go with the good ol' ......

Updates about the boys & life in general:


  • Nolan (9 months old), my sweet, sweet baby boy.... is here, there, everywhere!!..... he's moving around like a mad man. Crawling, pulling up on things, cruising along the side of the couch/coffee tables; eating us out of house & home, last night he actually asked for steak & potatoes for dinner...ha! But, honestly this kid likes to eat, we're still not quite sure what to do with a child that eats all his food AND wants more.....this is all new to us. Donnie on the other hand boycotts many breakfast and lunches, and just opts for milk (I'm not even gonna get into that whole issue.)



  • Donnie's newest addiction is Dinosaurs, he's really into looking at dinosaur books, playing with his mini dinosaur creatures, watching shows on discovery channel involving dinosaurs, & torturing Nolan with dinosaur roars. He'll even tell me... "that one is a T-Rex" or "Stegosaurus" or "Triceratops", it's pretty stinkin' cute if you ask me. I think we're going to try to head up to U of M and go to the Natural History Museum.....(BTW, not surprised that they beat out MSU in this department....amongst many other defeats they score against the Spartans... Go Blue!! That's okay, Steph I still like you guys..hehe! ;)



  • Still trying to get our bedroom painted... "Tea Leaf Green" to be exact. We just bought a fireplace (electric) for our bedroom & I love it, but we really need to finish up our bedroom, paint, accessorize, etc... to give it that "finished look" to make it feel right....KWIM?



  • Getting excited about going on Spring Break to Seabrook Island, S.C. with Don, the boys & the in-laws. We went to Kiawa Island (right next to Seabrook) a few years ago with them and it was a blast! Very "naturey" (ya like that word, I made up?;), it was not at all touristy and it was set up as a resort for families.... nature conservatories, equestrian center, pools w/ kiddie pools, tennis courts, bike trails/ hiking trails, even a day camp for toddlers .... this was on Kiawa, so let's hope Seabrook is like this! At any rate, I'm sure it will be nice and full of lot's of things for us to do, yet relaxing at the same time....that's what I'm really looking for, RELAXATION! Donnie is SO excited to fly on an airplane, go to the beach, and see the alligators, as we've already got a day trip planned for Charleston S.C., to some alligator farm... yeah, you heard me right.... and you know I'll be sporting my daisy dukes, a handkerchief on my head, & my cowboy boots..bahahaha! (for some reason, that's what I envision when I think about an alligator farm down south...that's okay, I'm a little bit of a hillbilly anyways...beer & country music are a few of my favorite past times:) LORD let's hope we all come back with all our limbs in tact!!



  • I've got my first Master's Class... Instruction and Curriculum; starting at the end of Feb., it's a 3 weekend course (3 credits), 5-9 Fridays & 8-5 Saturdays, at least it'll be done in 3 weekends, but they are loooong days....yuck! Not looking forward to more time & energy put into something else, when I feel like my time is spread thin as it is....but, what is one to do?? I've gotta keep my teaching certificate, and I will receive an increase in pay once I've completed the program, my goal is 3 yrs.... the whole program (36 credits & a thesis paper....wish me luck! I'll need it! :)

** I think that's it for now..... have a good night. Don's bringing me Chinese home for dinner, so I'm a happy girl!**

3 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

Isn't Seabrook where The Notebook was filmed??? If so, how neat! I am sure your room will look very nice when it's done and w/ a fireplace.

Katie said...

Oooooh, how cool..."The Notebook" Wow, I'll have find out for sure!! I wouldn't be surprised though, as the Island itself is beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Donnie will LOVE that museum if he loves dinosaurs. There is a whole huge floor of them! I will pretend I didn't read your Michigan State comment though. ;)