Saturday, October 27, 2007

Finally, a minute to breath!

That's exactly how I feel today. So, my first week of school.... Well Ummmm, not exactly how I had hoped, but I made it! It's a completely different environment than I was in last year, to say the least. Now, granted Jackson is not a HUGE city, but it still has it's own "inner city" school, with its fair share of troubled kids, and I'm at IT! For the most part, I'm happy with this past week, I mostly focused on discipline and routines the WHOLE week as there first teacher had little to none, so I had to start with the basics, walking in the hall quietly, raising hands to speak, no jumping on chairs, no name calling, no hitting, etc.....I did actually teach, but what I could accomplish throughout the day is far less than what I'm used to. Some of my students are waaaaay lower than grade level, some are just on grade level, and I have one who should be in an E.I. room (he's on 1/2 days, due to severe behavior issue!) To say the least this will be a very challenging year - pray for me! .....thank goodness for a maternity leave in May! Hehe!

As for Donnie, he adjusted just fine to his new schedule and sitters....what a little champ!! I on the other hand had a harder time with the adjustment, but it got better each day....so I'm hoping next week will be a breeze *fingers crossed*. Don't know how long this full-time gig is going to work out with a new baby next year...don't think it's gonna happen, but we'll see.?

Speaking of baby.....I have a check up Oct. 31, Halloween and guess who's going to miss her class party....Ooooppps! So sad! I'll be 13 weeks, wow I can't believe I'm already 13 weeks, it's flying by. Hopefully, we'll hear the heart beat...last time at 11 weeks we couldn't hear it, I hate that, it's so nerve racking! Oh, I almost forgot....I've got a miracle pill, an anti-nausea prescription....it's amazing, I haven't thrown-up since I started taking it! YAY!! I should've asked for it sooner. And as for baby names...Ugh: any suggestions......I'm at a lose, I'm having a brain fart....I just can't decide on any!

But, a few I do like:
Boys:

*Michael
*Anderson
*Grayson (Don doesn't like)
*Tyson (Ty)
*Preston

Girls:

*Isabella (Ella)
*Sienna
*Addison
*Ellie
*Emerson (Don hates)
*Dylan

**Any suggestion...help**
**What about any of the ones I like?**

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to name our little one Preston if it was a boy. I *love* that name. I also like Anderson. I think that it sounds nice with Huff. As for girls, Addison is adorable. I think it flows well with your last name, too.

Sorry I didn't call you back this evening. We got home late from Meijer and Olive Garden. I'll call you tomorrow so we can chat. :)

Have a great evening. I hope Donnie is feeling better.

Heather S. said...

Glad you survived your first week back!! Also, glad you are feeling better!! It is no fun trying to teach while you are feeling sick!!

I LOVE the name Tyson - Ty!!! So cute!
Also, love the name Ellie - that was our second choice for Norah!!

Take care and good luck this week!!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I am a pro at working at inner city schools...if you ever need help with anything, please feel free to e-mail me!
Establishing rituals and routines and classroom managment is the key to getting off to a good start. If you are replacing someone else, yes, you definitely need to start over at the beginning. Nip it all in the butt NOW!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope the school year goes well for you! It sounds like the kids are lucky to have you. As for the baby names...I like Ellie and Preston. I have a Preston in my class this year and he is the CUTEST little guy!

Nicole said...

I like Anderson, Grayson, Tyson off your boys list and Addison, Emerson and Isabella (nickname could be Ellie )off of your girls list. Not sure which ones go best with "Donald" though... hmmmm... thats going to be tricky. Off the boys I think Donald and Michael sound best together... both "old" type names. Not sure about girl though. I think you should use Kate if you have a girl. Don and Katie with Donnie and Kate! HAHA!