Friday, October 19, 2007

Ummm...what? Sure, I guess.....Monday, okay.?

That was my reaction when I was called back to work last Wednesday from lay-off! I'm still a little in shock that I will be working as a full-time 1st grade teacher on Monday *gulp*. Not the fact that I will be teaching, but it was not in my original plan to be going back to work FULL TIME this year (remember I talked about my original job-sharing plan...well, didn't happen). *SIGH* I'm not sure how I feel about this yet....I guess I'll let you know after I get this first week finished.

I'm a little apprehensive about the new school I'm going to be teaching at ....McCulloch Elementary- Not exactly my first choice Elementary in JPS (or my 5th choice in that matter)....Eeeek! Nerve racking!! But I'll make the best of the situation I was given.....right? I have to, no choice in the matter, I'm lucky to have a job in this state's economic status. But, it doesn't make it any easier.

My biggest concern of course is Donnie.....how will he adjust to me working full-time again? Will he adjust okay? While he has had 4 months of mommy all day at his beck & call, I know it's just something he'll have to get used to. But, Ugh....the working mom guilt is SOOOOO hard to handle sometimes, I feel like my child is going to have abandonment issues when he gets older. Or feel short changed. Or feel neglected. Anyone else ever have those feelings of guilt?? OMG..... Seriously, I'm thinking WAY to much into this!

Anyways, I have been lacking big time in my pictures lately, and I KNOW this...... I WILL get some recent pictures up soon.....hopefully this weekend!

Enjoy, the rest of your weekend....I'm going to.

2 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I sure hope they're going to give you some transition time? Like a sub to cover you for a few days until you can review the curriculum, etc? What grade did you teach last year? Is the district short of teachers overall, or did this position just come up and they called you first?? Just curious...I am also a teacher.

Nicole said...

Good luck today! Congrats on the job. Thats great!