Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Maternity clothes...and other randomness

I finally did it yesterday, I bit the bullet and went to the Maternity Store in Lansing. Though I have a few things that still fit out of my "regular" wardrobe, things are just becoming too tight and a little uncomfortable. I'm at that awkward stage where I look pretty much the same, but maybe just had a little too much fun with the Corona over the summer....not really big belly pregnant, but definitely not my "normal" size. And while I can find cute tops around here, I just can't stand the jeans/pants selection here...I went to Target and looked for some jeans last weekend....OH, MY LORD! Why didn't I know skinny leg jeans were in style for preggo's, as if I don't already look 10 lbs. heavier put me in tapered legged jeans with a belly... Pffttt...Haha! Funny!

So, I ended up with a pair of really cute jeans, a few shirts, and a pair of casual lounge pants....which I'm happy to say are all figure flattering (if that's possibly while being pregnant!)

In other news:

* Put a new wood floor in our living room....not expected, but Loooong story. Looks beautiful at any rate!
* Have NOT been called back from lay-off...yet. Still a possibility, but unlikely and really don't care at this point....still collecting unenjoyment, I mean unemployment.
* Still dealing with morning sickness/all day sickness.....my gag reflex is in FULL FORCE, and Donnie has even started to imitate me over the toilet in the mornings, he thinks it's sooooo funny!
* Still undecided about finding out the sex of the baby??
* My friend Lindsay is having her baby girl today...via c-section, can't wait to see her! YAY!
* Donnie's going to be a chicken for Halloween....
* Going up-north next weekend for some family time.
* Went to a bonfire at my friend Kami's parent's house this past weekend....Lot's of fun, Lot's of kids, Lot's of food....all in the 85 degree weather! But, finally back to our Michigan Fall....Today 60.....YAY!!!
* Sunday.....Flavor Fruit Farms to get some pumpkins, donuts & cider....finally, the pumpkin patch!
* that's about all.... have a good one!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Ewww tapered jeans on a preggo. Tapered jeans on anyone that isn't 100lbs and stick thin is kind of ICK. I can't image maternity HAHA!! Eww. What were they thinking??

Kim said...

I feel the same - like I overdid it at the buffet or something LOL My regular pants are WAY too tight for sitting at my computer all day but I'm not ready to blow my cover at work by wearing mat jeans! I have a transition pair that I'm wear, a discreet pair from when I was pregnant with Morgan and a pair of yoga pants on the rotation right now! Not the most flattering but better than giving the baby a permenant button mark on it's forehead LOL

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

AHHH! I can't believe they have tappered leg jeans for pregos! Who would buy them!?!? I do like your choices that are at the Motherhood Maternity though! Those look much nicer and comfy!