Sunday, August 24, 2008

A million little thoughts

Tomorrow is my first full day back at work, technically, but it's actually inservices Mon., Tues., & 1/2 day Wed.- gotta love those, like I haven't sat through enough motivational speakers... and then we get a WHOPPING 1 full day to work on our classroom...... how nice of them :) But, at any rate I'm going to be gone until 3:30pm. now that schools starting. Anyways, I have all these thoughts rushing through my head.... like, are the boys going to be okay (and yes, I know they will), but are they gonna miss me & wonder where I am ...... I need to have everything prepared the night before for G-ma's, bottles washed, clothes layed out (Lord only knows what Don would put them in), my clothes ironed ..... diapers & extra clothes in the diaper bag .... should I pack Donnie a little lunch since the last few weeks he's been sooooo picky, I want him to eat, I mean who knows what if his G-ma's let him starve ..... where do I have to go when I get to Jackson High for the inservice, I mean there's gonna be a bazillion teacher's there ...... am I going to enjoy my new school this year ........ should I eat breakfast or just have a muffin there ..... where the heck is my travel coffee cup, I can't find it anywhere, all I can find is this stupid Wells Fargo Bank one with a country western mirage on it - SO tacky, I'll probably be stopping at Target to pick up a new one tomorrow.

Gosh can you tell that I've been off of work for the last 6 months, you would've thought this was my first time back to full time work in like 10 yrs.!! I'm such a dork! I have no idea why I'm so anxious. I'm usually pretty good with new settings and new faces, I've been at three different schools in three different years and adjusted fairly quickly..... okay, so last year, different story there was no adjusting, it was just pure misery.... UGH! I can't bear to think of that place again... Eeeeeek! But, as for the other school I feel as though I was part of the staff almost immediately! Let's hope it's the same this year. Wish me luck tomorrow and the rest of the week ...... I'm hoping everything runs smoothly. I'll fill you in later on this week!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Haha...I just did a post so similar to yours. I have all those thoughts about school running through my head right now too! Good luck with everything!:)