Monday, January 5, 2009

3:00 AM wake up call

Funny story.....

Donnie is finally in a "Big Boy" bed.... he has a new (well, new painted :) full size bed. He was really excited about sleeping in it and having his whole room changed to a "Big Boy Room", it was so cute to watch him jumping around on this big ol' bed when I'm used to seeing him in a crib, although he's pretty little anyways so he seemed to fit just right in his crib still....haha! (yeah btw, the jumping was allowed only to get him totally excited about the new bed, as this has been a challenge in the past)! So, he went to sleep very easy, Don read a story and layed down with him for a few minutes... and fell asleep of course, he always does this.....he closes his eyes for a minute & he's out, it gets so annoying having to wake him up in Donnie's room every night, plus Donnie is totally fine falling asleep on his own, the nights I put him down are a breeze! Anyways, Don says to Donnie last night "Now Donnie when you get up in the morning you can just go downstairs, turn the TV on and watch cartoons" *gasp* WHAT WERE YOU THINKING DON? I know it sounds great, being able to sleep in, but I know better than to trust a 3 yr. old little boy downstairs ALONE, really such a male type thing to do... sorry for the man bashing, just a little! I couldn't believe he actually said this though .... all I was thinking is great my kid's going to feel that he can just wander downstairs anytime he wants, turn on Noggin and have a good ol' time without Mommy & Daddy knowing!!! What was Don thinking?? Well, just as I predicted, that's exactly what happened at 3:00am last night, Donnie on the couch with his blanket and horse (this BIG, honkin' horse he has to sleep with every night) & ready to turn on the TV with the remote!! What the heck.... LOL!

Good job hubby ;) Mommy really does know best!

Wish us luck tonight, I don't really need to be getting up with my 3 yr. old in the middle of the night only to find him watching Go Diego, Go at 3am., while my 8 month old sleeps a solid 12 hrs. every night.... ha! go figure!

6 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

HAHH!!! I love that story!! Tony laughed at it too. Hey, you can't blame the kid!! LOL!

Nicole said...

HAHAHA Sounds like our house... minus the 3am LOL! P gets up in the morning and is known to get his own breakfast and wreak havoc on the house before we are awake LOL!

Heather S. said...

Kevin and I are CRACKING up!! At least he did what he was told, right?

Anonymous said...

What a crack up.

I am jealous, btw, that Nolan is sleeping through the night...we're still waiting:)

Kim said...

Oh Don, Don, Don LOL You need to do what we did - get a cheapie timer (about $10) and a nightlight from the dollar store - only the kind that doesn't sense when it's dark. Hook the timer and the nightlight up together and set it for a reasonable hour - for us, it's 6:45. When it goes on, they are allowed out of bed. Works like a hot damn!

jane said...

I am so glad to hear that my husband isn't the only one who does stupid stuff and I think, what the hell was he thinking? :) You gotta love 'em for trying.