Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ugh, it's Sunday, again....

Another weekend came and went.... I swear, it feels like I'm a hamster on a spinning wheel that never stops!! Anyone else wonder where there weekend's go & where were you when it passed so quickly!?

Friday: Another fun scrap night at Nicole's, with Jane, Lori, Rachel & Lynne. I have been really good about actually making the commitment to myself to try to scrap at least once a month, since one day I would really love to have my children & myself be able to look back at all those great memories. Plus, it's a nice, relaxing creative outlet for me. Can't say it's too good on my waistline though.... pizza, cookies, Margaritas.... :) (Don, actually told me..... if I get too tipsy just spend the night, geez what have these scrap nights come too, a booze fest... my husband has to tell me to stay the night! Haha!)

Saturday: Had dinner with a friend from school, Sheri (a first grade teacher), a lot of our students think me & Ms. Jones (Sheri) look alike, and for the longest time we had our classes thinking we were sister's..... mean aren't we? Just a little humor to get us through the day! She is an amazing cook though, she does the "real" cooking as I called it.... I said that after I saw her with a meat thermometer, I was amazed that she actually cooked the meat to the exact temperature for med. rare; not to mention her homemade mac & cheese, cheesy potatoes, & green bean casserole.....dang girl, just for the Huff's, we must be pretty special! hehe! But, as for my "real" cooking habits, I don't have those kind of killa skillz (as the hubs likes to say:) in that department, I always just look to make sure the inside of the meat isn't bloody & we're good to go..... I guess my cooking must be "fake" cooking ;)

And now it's Sunday already: I said to myself earlier this week, okay, Fri. & Sat. I(we) have plans.....Sunday, I'm doing nothing, but staying home and doing chores around the house or just doing nothing. Well, I called Nicole to bragg (I mean motivate;) her to start walk/run, by telling her I actually got my fat butt on the treadmill today & walked/slow jogged 2.2 miles!! Yay Katie!! My legs are already tight, what's that tell ya?...I know I'll be sorry tomorrow, but no pain no gain right? Anyways, when I called the first thing she says is... "are you taking Donnie ice skating today?" .... damn, I forgot about that; and I've been telling the poor boy we were going to go ice skating for the past 2 weeks now and we have yet to see the ice! So, of course my reply was yes. So, there ya go another weekend came & went, and I don't even remember sitting down!! (Besides, scrapbooking, but that doesn't count....I was still doing something physical, like lifting my arms to eat more pizza & drink a margarita....bahaha! I'm pathetic!)

Hopefully, next weekend I'll be able to relax a little. Friday is my birthday, so I think at some point during the weekend Don and I are going out to dinner for some alone adult time!

Okay, gotta go & get ready for the rest of my fun filled weekend..... Oh, not to mention after ice skating we're going to my in-laws for dinner! Man, I almost forgot about that too, great I'm getting chubby & starting to develop a bad memory.... Ugh! It's a bitch getting old!

1 comment:

Heather S. said...

So great that you are scrapbooking! I get so far behind and feel so overwhelmed, I don't even know where to begin!! I need to try to do it once a month. Bad thing for me is that most of my friends don't scrapbook.