Thursday, September 6, 2007

Hmmmm....???

Am I dreaming or what?? Well, literally yes, because since I've been pregnant I've had some very unusual dreams almost every night......but, what I'm really talking about is my pregnancy in general..... Thus far:

* No morning sickness/all day sickness.......yet(I might be eating my words in a couple days....Eeekkk!!) None thus far....
* No Waaaay sore boobs
* No crazy animal like sense of smell!!

What's up with this?? Is that even normal?? Should I be concerned, cause I kinda am.....I hoping everything is okay.? Aren't most women sick with sore boobs the first 16 weeks? Or maybe it just hasn't hit me yet, maybe in a few days or weeks I'm gonna wake up to the "Real" Pregnant Katie....Hmmmmm?

I'll fill you in a little on my numero uno pregnancy......

* VERY sick from the get go.....throw-up sick, like the Ewwwww feeling all day!
* Sore as He&% boobs!
* I also had this crazy animalistic sense of smell, I swear I could smell my neighbors cooking dinner two doors down
* Ughhhh.....then the end, I can't even get into the whole LONG version of the story, but I ended up in the hospital for a month with a placenta abruption, delivered early......with complications after delivery with Donnie. Not too serious, but not being able to bring your newborn baby home from the hospital for 10 days was pretty traumatic for a new mom like myself. And also, some major post-partum after we both finally got home.....don't wanna go through that again!!

So needless to say, I've been praying that when I did go through a second pregnancy I might get a break on this one, just a little......but, who new being pregnant could actually be pleasant.? Not me. I feel like I shouldn't even be writing this post, I might jinx myself!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be nervous. Every pregnancy is different. Like I said before, let them know you have know idea when you conveived so they will do an ultrasound. :)

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

well hopefully it wont be as bad as the first one. By the sounds of it, it was a pretty long 9 mos, huh? My pregnancy was a pleasant one without complications, sickness or any major complaints. Although I did get the sore boobs. Just take advantage of this nice pleasant pregnancy while you have it! Like you said, you probably just jinxed yourself!!

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Thats right about the ultrasound.. if you don't know your LMP (last menstural period), then they'll have to do an ultrasound to date the pregnancy. Even if you do know your LMP, if you start to not measure correctly, then they will order one anyhow. Thats what happened to me, my LMP was incorrect according to how far along I was, by 4 weeks. So I must had missed a period before conceiving. But I had known how far I really was from the get go, since I had co-workers scan me to see.

MacKenzie Leigh said...

Katie: I had a super pleasant pregnancy too. Besides the preeclampsia at the end everything was perfect! I knew my LMP too but somehow I conceived Jocelyn 3 weeks later than I was "supposed" to. Weird how your body works. Anyway, I never got sick (except for food poisoning) my boobs were sore but not until about 8weeks and only lasted until 16weeks. The only way I knew I was pregnant was my boobs got bigger and ppl started to ask if I had them enhanced. HAHAHA. Then I got the + HPT. Anyway, I'm hoping you didn't just jinx yourself and that you have a GREAT pregnancy :) And maybe you're having a little girl since you're having no symptoms just like I did!

Emilie said...

Hopefully the second time around will be a lot easier!!! So far, so good right?!?!

Heather S. said...

I hope you feel great the whole pregnancy! I have several friends who have not experienced any morning sickness! I hope that is you!!

heather said...

Katie...
As far as being sick goes, it might depend on how far along you are...
I don't think you ever said (or maybe I missed it) when you're due or how many weeks you are now. Most sickness doesn't kick in till 7 weeks or more. I think 7 is the magic number for most. So if you're well past that, you're probably in the clear!!
But the boobs, yes, I definitely remember that from the get-go!
Well, here's to hoping everything is that much better this time around!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry one bit. I wasn't sick at all with Gavin - had none of the normal pregnancy symptoms excpet for extreme tiredness in the first trimester and heartburn in the last. Other than that, I felt 100% normal. Hopefully your good luck will continue!

Gina said...

from a fellow "icky pregnancy" survivor, i'm so excited for you! i hope things stay this way- it definately gives me hope when our #2 rolls around. congratulations!!!