Saturday, September 8, 2007

The weekend??? Is this really my weekend?

So today, I'm home again by myself....ughhhhh, Don has this stupid car sale ALL weekend from 8am-8pm, Fri. & Sat. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm glad that he is there and making extra money this weekend, but I soooo feel like a single mom lately.....and I hate it!! This was actually supposed to be his weekend off which means a 3 day weekend, see one week he works Mon.-Sat. then the next week he works Mon.-Thurs., and let me tell ya... I LOVE those 3 day weekends!! I did get a slight break last night, I went to dinner with a few fellow teachers and speech path. I worked with last year, and it was nice to get out (without Donnie) and catch up....have some "me" sanity time. Don went to meet Ryan M. for a few drinks at the Hunt Club last night, and he didn't get home until after I was already in bed sleeping, so I saw him yesterday morning and this morning so far this weekend....for about an hour each morning.

I'm not trying to be a complaining, bitchy wife, because my husband has to work and bring home the bacon.....we just need a little bit of couple time, know what I mean..?? And, of course, I see him in the evening after work, but it's so scheduled and weekdayish......dinner, Donnie's bath, bedtime routine....then, a little small talk, blogging, T.V., or just flat out too tired and off to bed we go. Where's my wife time?? Do you ever feel like you and your spouse don't get much time together...alone? Days where you think, Hmmmm?, what did ....... & I talk about last night or did I even have the energy to converse with him??

I'm glad to admit, I am a happy wife (Don truly is my best friend), and a happy mother. I cherish our weekends as a family, just hanging out together, doing fun things with each other. But, life is busy and sometimes there are times when I wish I had more hours in a day..... A little more family time, husband/wife time, or just more time in general.... Ahhhhh*sigh*.....such is life.

**Thank goodness for Sunday, my saving Grace!! Ha!**

3 comments:

MacKenzie Leigh said...

I so know how you feel. Jeff worked for my dad at the sale too. Egh. And my sitter for Joss backed out at the last minute so last night he got home and I had to go into Auto Merchants at 930pm and type up all the cars we delivered. Then he JUST got home tonight and now he's off getting food with his buddy Tony. Uh, hello. Sheesh. We should have been single mom's together this weekend.

K.M.L said...

Hope you got to enjoy your "me" time this weekend!!!!

Nicole said...

Wife time? Wife time? What's that?