Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Music time & Dr. Geraldo.....

Donnie and I went to our first Kindermusik class last night and it went really well. I was a little concerned how Donnie would do around the other kids in a "classroom" type setting, not just a free-for-all play time, he was a very good little boy though, I'm glad to report. I decided that I wanted to get Donnie involved in something that was teacher/student based, where he can learn how to interact socially with other kids while still having to follow some type of instruction, and this was the perfect fit for us. I was really impressed with the whole class, it was set up very well, with great age appropriate material, and the teacher was fabulous...I think she did a great job with that many toddlers roaming around, ranging anywhere from 18months-3yrs. I couldn't do it that's for sure!! At one point Donnie did have to go out of the room with me into the hallway for a little time-out session. It all started because he saw his hot wheel cars in the diaper bag, for some reason when we were supposed to be marching he decided to roll around on the floor for a minute...(go figure), and he rolled right over to his diaper bag....well, of course when he saw the hot wheel cars, it was all over. I knew he was going to throw a fit the minute I told him "no" go back and sit in the circle and finish the song. Of course, he wasn't having any of that, so we had to go out for a little sit in the hallway time. But, then when we got into the hallway he decided that he would rather be outside playing in the parking lot....ughhh!!.... Ha! the joy of having a little boy....toddler age at that!! So, all in all I'd say our first class went okay, I'm just not too sure my son will be in the band or music dept. at his school. Haha!!

Now on to Dr. Geraldo.....I'll explain, my baby Dr. looks a lot like Geraldo Rivera, and even so, I still LOVE him. I might be a little in love with him, but only because we share a special bond..... he delivered MY CHILD!! That's what I tell my hubby, because he still doesn't understand why I feel such a close bond with him....Duh!...Hello!! Doctor. Delivered. B.A.B.Y. Anyways, now that all of you out there are probably thinking..."what a Freak"...... His actual name is Dr. Farhat and today was my first Dr.'s appointment for all the baby info. and really it wasn't much of anything new from the last time I went with Donnie. Just the usual, do's and don'ts of pregnancy that I've already been reading up on to refresh my memory from the last time. My official due date is May 6, 2008....Yay!! Exciting! I still can't believe I'm gonna have another one.....Eeeeek, exciting and nerve racking at the same time!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Ahh... doctor crushes LOL :)

Sounds like Kindermusik is fun! I had wanted to do that with P awhile ago, but never signed up. How much are the classes?