Friday, September 28, 2007

One thought.....

Blogging Slacker....that's me!!

My excuse.....I really haven't been feeling that well at ALL, the nausea set it and I'm still trying to cope with the throw-up feeling all day! Maybe that's a lame excuse, but it's all I've got... Haha!

So, I've been thinking about a good TFT....even though it is Friday, I was still thinking....and

One of the things that actually gets me excited about being pregnant is the Nursery....awe, the sweet baby's nursery. When we painted Donnie's nursery in our 1st home (we're currently in our 3rd!!) it was a grayish green, with a slightly lighter shade stripe about 6 inches wide all the way around the room, one stripe eggshell the other satin for just that slight difference in the schene since the colors were very similar.... White crib, chocolate, green and yellow bedding and window treatments, pale yellow rocker....crib & rocker courtesy of the Toy House....I love that place, that have such neat stuff. And I loved the final outcome....very soft and cozy, relaxing, just how I had imagined.

But, when I was pregnant with Donnie I found out the sex of the baby, therefore making it easy for purchasing the boyish things for the nursery. With this pregnancy I haven't decided yet if I want to find out the sex.... and the main reason that I would like to find out is to determine my nursery decor...how pathetic is that?! Though I think it would be great to be surprised at the birth, I also think it's a bit easier if you find out before hand, and I'm a planner....I like to have things planned out! I know there's always the unisex nursery, which are great, but this time around I'm tending to like very boyish or very girly themes and colors for the nursery.... go figure! Our first nursery would have been a great unisex nursery! UGH!


Here are a few of my favorites, I've been checking out:

Bedroom 1

Bedroom 2

Bedroom 3

Bedroom 4


Okay, so those are a few of my "dream" rooms.....though, I won't be purchasing the whole pottery barn nursery set (I only wish), I will be using that as a guide in my decorating and purchasing. I'm also very lucky to have quite a gifted artistic mother-in-law who loves to sew and paint in her free time! YAY!!


And I'm in LOVE with Toile right now! How pretty is this??


Anyone else have stories about their child's nursery? Or did you just not really care?

8 comments:

MacKenzie Leigh said...

I love all those rooms! And the Toile Sheets are so pretty :) I hope you start feeling better soon.

Have you checked out www.babybeddingtown.com ? Right now they have 366 different crib sets. I love that place.

Kim said...

I cared but we were moving into our new house when Morgan was 3 weeks old so really, I didn't get to do that nesting thing. SO looking forward to it this time.

Going to look at those links when my pesky co-workers stop walking by my desk LOL

Kim

Anonymous said...

I am the same way... total planner. We found out with Max, and did a totally 'boy' nursery, but, I tell myself maybe we'll be surprised when we're expecting the next one... maybe. :) I think with my first, I felt like I had to be more prepared... now I know that newborns don't need much for the first couple months of their lives. So I think I'd be ok just doing neutral for the walls and then deciding on bedding and decor after the baby arrives. We'll see if I can handle it!

Anonymous said...

I just loooove nursery #1 if you are going for the unisex room. Otherwise the gender specific rooms are gorgeous too!

Have a great weekend!
Lina

Heather S. said...

All the rooms are great! We didn't find out what we were having either time so we did a unisex room - an idea from Pottery Barn - when Norah was born. I didn't think I could wait to find out because I am also a planner, but Kevin really didn't want to so I went along with him and it was really fun in the end. Although, if I knew I was having girls, I would have done a girlier room.

Amy said...

I like them all. Oh I wish I were doing this all again. Two times for me. Good luck with everything and enjoy yourseld. This is such a special time. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Nicole said...

I started on P's nursery super early... I didn't realize HOW early until I looked back on his blog... we had bought his furniture at 14 weeks, and started painting as soon as we found out we were having a boy.

I couldn't not find out the sex. We'll definitely find out this time around. I'm hoping my mom can see the sex before our 20week u/s at the doctors. I'm impatient HAHA!

heather said...

We didn't find out either time... the only reason I wanted to find out was to do a cute bedroom... but that wasn't reason enough for me to not love the surprise.
Before Savannah was born we painted her room halfway up the wall a periwinkle blue color with an apple green border. If it was a boy I was going to paint little puppy dog outlines on the green border, and if it was a girl (which obviously it was) I planned on painting little white and yellow daisies around the border. It turned out super cute.
When Sawyer was born, he didn't get much nursery decoration, as he was sharing a room with his sister. He didn't get his own room done till we moved when he was almost 6 months old.

I think you'd have fun even if you don't find out the sex. Just be creative and do some basics that you can modify easily after the baby's here to go either way.