Friday, September 14, 2007

Totally feeling like a "MOM"

Today Donnie and I, along with my friend Lindsay and her son Brady went to see our friend Jackie who just had a baby a few days ago. Okay, so my morning......

* didn't shower before we left, no time....
* hair went into this rat's nest of a ponytail, trying somehow to make it presentable, Ha! Fat chance!!
* looked in my closet for something decent to wear...maybe even cute.?
* but wait, where are all my clothes?...either in the dirty clothes (cause they haven't been washed) or in the clean pile I have just sitting on my chair in the bedroom...not put away (why on earth would I put my clean clothes away in my closet??)
* NO cute clothes....Hmmm, big surprise! I don't even think I know what IS cute/ trendy anymore!! Unless....of course, it's sold at Target.


Get to Jackie's.....

* bring in my purse/diaper bag....all-in-one, don't really know if I have a "real" purse anymore.?
* dump out my mommy supplies....cars, tractors, airplanes.....snacks, sippy cup.....anything that will satisfy my child for a few hours until we leave.
* talked with Linds. and Jackie about kids cartoons, then we brought up the Disney's "Soul Train" conductor (hottie), and how it has such a catchy tune....yet, a little provocative almost.??
* THEN......the moment when I truly felt like a "MOM"......Donnie had been sneezing and I of course am trying to have a kleenex right there in the midst of his sneeze, so I don't feel like my son is infecting this newborn with ALL of his germs. Sure enough, he sneezes....again, I wipe his nose and he does that whole flail of the body thing because he can't stand his nose wiped.....a few minutes pass and Jackie says what's on your chin, so I wipe it and sure enough...I say "oh, it's a booger...from my child!!" Ughhhhh!! GROSS!! I had my son's BOOGER just chilling on my chin....YUK!!......and even the way I said it was so, nonchalant, like this always happens.??

I feel like such a "MOM" today....can I say it one more time......GEEZE!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! This post had me rolling-too funny! Just think you'll be doing it times two & it's twice the fun. But feeling like a Mom is such a great thing too :)

The Malones said...

That is hilarious! I can't wait until Yuri is older and gets boogers on my chin!

K.M.L said...

That is too funny!!!! At least you'll be more prepared this second time around for boogies! :)