Saturday, July 14, 2007

"Fast Food Nation"

Alright, Ill just start by saying this is probably going to be very much a rambling post....which seems to be what I like to do most of the time! Anyways, my husband and I couldn't decide what to eat last night for dinner, it was late, Donnie was getting irritable and we had to resort to the fast food calling.....which as you will see after this post, is not a very easy option for me and my family. Don and I have totally different feelings about fast food, well not some much feelings, I should say we don't share the same passion for fast food. LOL! This is my take on fast food, of course I know it's horrible for me - not ALL (like the salads), but most of the things I like on the menu's, like a Big Mac, a Whopper, a Nacho Bellgrande (my absolute favorite fast food item in the WHOLE universe...I really truly have a passoin for those), a mini White Castle burger....I KNOW these are not nutritional at all, and their probably not even "real" meat, but yet their so good. And every once in a while I just get these cravings for McD's fries, or Burger King, or almost anything at Taco Bell (A.K.A. to my husband...Toxic Hell....how dare he!!?). So, I say to Don " let's get some fast food, how about Taco Bell"....his reply, "Ughhhhh, Toxic Hell, Katie have you seen the people that work there....Ewwww, I don't want THAT!), okay...."what about McDonald's"...his reply..."Katie do you want me to tell you what Ryan M. told me about what's in the burgers at fast food joints" , okay fine...." let's go get some Chinese (not technically "fast food"...right?).....Don's reply..."NO WAY, I don't trust Chinese food, have you ever smelled those places." It's like I can't WIN!!! What the heck, my husband won't share the love of fast food with me....Why??? But, once in while, he'll give in to Toxic Hell and I know I should be happy, right...?....Well, about a half hour after we eat Don thinks he's sick, he all of the sudden has a horrible stomach ache. Ughhh... I'm thinking come on Don give me a flippin' break!! And this is not his only food issue, I have to put up with Expiration Date Phobia....if it's anywhere near the date he thinks it's bad and he'll get sick - drives me nuts!!!

Oh, yeah....just wanted to give a special thanks to Ryan M. for making matters worse with whatever you told Don about fast food burgers...THANKS!! LOL!

Also, a shout out to all you fast food cravers...I know you're out there!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

MMMM McDonalds Double Cheeseburger YUMMM...

Yesterday we ate out TWICE.... i took the kids to McD's for lunch, and for dinner Ry, P and I went to Arby's HAHA! Hows that for healthy eating??

MacKenzie Leigh said...

Yummm Toxic Hell. LOL. The best way to get the fastfood you want is tell Donnie he can get what he wants as long as he stops at TB for you on the way home. (I do it with my hubby all the time, lol)I'm an Arby's fanatic and unfortunately Jeff is a Taco Bell/BK man. Anyways, did you know your husband and me work at rival dealerships? Hahaha. My dad owns Auto Merchants. I was wondering who drove the dealer car (when we had the get together at Nic's a loooong time ago) then I recognized Donnie from being at the Sears Sale, which I worked at also. :) I guess my dad is somewhat good friends with his dad.

Elizabeth Winchester said...

I about died of laughter when I read about Don's phobia on expiration dates! I forgot that you had told me about that!

As for fast food - I'm a sucker for the darn $1 menu at McDonald's/Wendy's. So much to choose from - what will they think of next? And by the way - you have me craving some Yen King now...will have to introduce Matt to that and the infamous Rudy's out in Michigan Center!