Monday, July 23, 2007

WOW !!!

Today, I made my very first trip to IKEA in Canton and all I could say was WOW-my head was spinning (Heather, I didn't realize it was like that)!! That place is amazing, it may be literally the largest furniture store I've ever been to, no I take that back it is definitely the largest furniture store I've ever been to! If you have not been, it sure is a sight to see.... not only does it have furniture, but everything else known to man! It was a really fun trip, I went with my mother-in-law & of course it's always an adventure when you go anywhere with MaryJo...for those of you who don't know her, I'll just say she's a little eccentric!!....I guess that's the best word I can find to describe her. We rode with her, since we both had to get a few big items and she has a Yukon, so things could fit much easier in her car than in my Volvo. And the whole ride up there she kept telling me how much she hates driving in Detroit traffic that she never does it, and I kept telling her we really weren't in Detroit....more like Ann Arbor area (which is totally different than Detroit City), then when we were leaving at about 5pm. with all the 5o'clock traffic......once again she kept telling me she couldn't believe she was actually driving in this horrible Detroit traffic.....it was quite amusing watching her, I had to laugh!!! She also had a DVD player in the car & Donnie was mesmerized by it...I don't know if it was a good thing or bad thing for him, seeing as though we don't have one & now he's gotten a taste of "The Good Life"- Yikes!! But, I'm seriously thinking of investing in one of those things....it may just be our saving grace on the long trip up to Mackinac & the U.P. here in the next few weeks, I don't know yet we'll see....

Okay, well anyways, the whole reason I went there was to get a toy organizer for our family room downstairs. This is kind-of the T.V./playroom....I'm really trying to keep Donnie's overload of toys confined to one area in our house, I just can't believe the amount of toys we've accumulated over the past 18months - it's unbelievable & kinda scary!! Therefore, it's time for some organization and some throwing away....yup, that's right, some of Donnie's toys I'm just tossing (well, probably taking to good will)!!! Of course none of the really nice ones that I've bought him or things that he's still using or things my other children /child? will use, but definitely some of those old junkie toys that he and I could care less about.....it's just time for them to be gone!! Ughhhhh...I'm getting so sick of the clutter, I need to organize...I can't wait to get it set up!!

Of course, he also got a few other little things while we were there, I just couldn't resist everything was sooooo cheap!! MaryJo is the one who did the most damage though, she had to finish decorating her 2nd cottage so she needed .....rugs, accessories, bowls..... I can't even remember what else, my brain is fried after spending a long day at Ikea!! My next trip will have to be an ALL day event, we were there for only a few hours and I feel like we just skimmed the surface.....those of you who are regulars know what I mean.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I've never been to Ikea...I'm going on Saturday after my session in Royal Oak. I'm nervous! (about Ikea, well, maybe the session a little too... but Ikea... YOWSERS)

Anonymous said...

Hi...I know we met before, I am Leslie's cousin and I saw your blog linked on her blog, so I have been visiting... I actually live about a mile from IKEA and I love it! I am a teacher too, so I am there all the time buying things for my classroom. If you are ever back in the area I can give you tips on all the shortcuts in the store and secret parking spots!:)