Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Motivation......Help!!!

Where to start??? That's the question of the day for me. I've just been very unmotivated lately, well I should say with my new house anyways. I love our new home, but I just don't know where to begin....it is in some desperate need of decorating!! I should start by saying our house is completely white inside, every room, which is not terrible but it's not my first choice either. We have most of our things put away or at least in a spot for the time being, but it just doesn't feel like home to me without some paint on the walls, pictures hung, and my decorative accessories in their place. I keep telling myself that it WILL get done, just be patient, but right now my patience is running out....I just need to get off my butt, go buy some paint colors and start!! Now let me give you a description of my last few weeks in the house... and this will show how unmotivated I really am....

A normal day for Donnie and Me:
*****
get up/ eat breakfast
play outside
nap (Donnie), and I normally do something other than work on the house...
eat lunch
play outside, go swimming, do errands, visit friends/grandparents
Don gets home....
eat dinner
bath / bedtime
computer or T.V. or phone
bed for me
****
NO HOUSE PROJECTS!!!

Oh yeah, that's another dilema, what color should I paint??? I pretty much know the tones I like = earth tones (browns, blacks, taupes....maybe a rust). But, all of the sudden I'm having these brilliant ideas going through my head...like....maybe I should switch the dining room to a rust/red color instead of brown, or maybe I should do the living room in taupe instead of a green, or maybe I should do the sunroom in a green instead of khaki....Uhhhh!!! But, then of course if I do those changes will my pictures go with the new colors, or maybe I'll just have to go buy new pictures.....I mean really, what IS my problem??!! I hope I'm not the only insane decorator out there. And then to make matters worse/ or I should say harder, like I can really get anything done with an 18 month old running around. And yes, of course Don is willing to help with these projects, but his main focus has been on the lawn/landscaping of our home...which is in some need of TLC and can turn into quite the project....therefore it leaves ME for the inside, which I have been totally useless with.

Okay, know that I have just babbled about my home project.... pretty pathetic that I can't just pick colors and decorate!! I guess I should say that we really are enjoying our new home. It's very spacious, beautifully landscaped, and in a great kid-oriented neighborhood. Donnie loves the yard, especially the hills in the front yard so he can throw every ball imaginable down the hill and watch mommy go and get it, hey at least I'm getting some exercise. Ha! Ha! He also, has gotten a kick out of the BIG Kubota Tractor daddy had to get to move some of the mounds of dirt we had in our back yard....every morning he points out the living room window and says diRrrr, diRrrr, that's his cute little way of telling me he wants to go outside and sit on the tractor -which we do everyday!! I don't think he realizes that soon the tractor will be out of our lawn...Uh Oh!! Anyways, when all is said and done I'm very thankful for our new home and I can't wait to watch our family grow into it!!

3 comments:

K.M.L said...

Take each room, 1 step at a time! That is what I've been doing with our office and kitchen. Next on my list is our bedroom and living room. We are going to try and put in new flooring this week...we'll see! You can do it! :)

Emilie said...

Rambling and going on and on is good. Haha. Thats blogging! Mix things up a little, get a little crazy, and if you hate it, it can be fixed!

Nicole said...

Way to go... two posts in a week! Where's today's post???

I'm sure the colors in your house will look perfect, whatever you decide on. You have great decorating style.