Monday, August 20, 2007

The last few days = rain

"Rain, Rain go away come again another day"

....It's been raining now for 2 days straight...ALL day! Okay, so maybe two days doesn't seem like a lot, but when your stuck in the house with a 19 month old all day it seems like forever! Actually, yesterday Donnie was at my mom's most of the day, (Don & I finished working on our family room downstairs)...... okay never mind, I guess I can't really complain about yesterday, but being stuck in the house all day TODAY with my little outdoors man really stinks, we were both going stir crazy! I'll have to plan an indoor activity for us tomorrow if it's still raining.......


Today, Donnie:


  • Had too many snacks

  • Watched too much T.V....


  • Was ignored for a while....so I could blog & read blogs (how terrible is that?!)

  • Was bribed with chocolate & markers

  • Had a free-for-all with his toys in the basement


  • Ate off the tip of a crayon


  • Thought Maci's kitty litter was a sand box (Eeeewww, I know!)


And, since I brought up the topic of T.V. Donnie's favorite channel is the Animal Planet, he can't get enough of it. Some of his favorite shows include: *Meerkat Manor....Animal's Funniest Home Videos...Fooled by Nature.....Corwin's Quest....Crocodile Hunter's Diaries* just to name a few.....sad that I know that many shows, isn't it.? It's pretty funny because he just started really paying attention to T.V. and I thought maybe Seasame Street or Blue's Clues would be something he'd like, but Animal Planet?? It seems a little too grown-up for him....whatever. Here are a few pics. of him watching his shows while eating his snack this afternoon......he's such a big boy now, I can't get over it!! Also, sharing a few bites with Rocco.....Mmmmmm!



On a *good* note we finished our downstairs family room....completely done...YAY!!! I'm starting to feel like our house is turning into a home, the sun room is completely done, the living room upstairs is almost done (just a few more items to buy), the dinning room is painted & almost there, the family room downstairs is completely done, that only leaves.......the kitchen, the hallways upstairs & down, & the bedrooms....oh yeah, and the bathrooms. We're at least making some progress though, so I'm happy! I will be posting pics. of the rooms soon, I just want to get a few more things accomplished before I share the finished products.

2 comments:

Heather S. said...

We have also had a couple of days of rain here in St. Louis. We, too, have been watching too much TV and eating too many snacks. The only thing Lucy will watch is Baby
Einsteins: My First Signs, so poor Norah has been forced to watch it too. Hey, a mommy needs a moment to breathe every once in a while.

Denise said...

I'm jealous you have you basement finished - I don't think ours will ever be done. Ugh! Love the cute pics of Donnie - what a cutie!