Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My dilemma

Just contemplating what to do.....I had the shower this weekend (which went great, btw, and I'll post pics. later), the shower was for Lindsay Tebo and Jackie Straub two high school girlfriends, who both looked absolutely adorable, they put me to shame when I was preggo!! And, I might have talked myself into a dilemma......here's the situation....

So, at the shower I was talking to Lindsay's husband, Dave .....who is the new Superintendent at Michigan Center School District, it actually blew me away to find that out....seeing as though he is only 33yrs. (maybe 34), and that is super young to already be Superintendent...WOW, way to go Dave!! Okay, on with the story....I jokingly, well kinda jokingly, asked if he had any positions available that I could interview for..... and he said sure, he thinks there might be a fifth grade position opening up in the fall and to send all my stuff directly to him. I did tell him I'm already hired in at Jackson Public, but on layoff and not knowing what's going to happen in the next few weeks, and a little fed up with the politics of working in such a big district. But, I also wasn't ready for him to tell me to send him my stuff (resume, letters of rec., teaching cert.)....Oooopps, what did I just do!?

My dilemma is.....if and when I do get called back to JPS (if it's this school year), I'm most likely going to job share (work part-time) with a second grade teacher at Bennett, which is what I've always wanted to do! But, I'm also not really positive how long this teacher is willing to do this with me.....maybe 1 year, possibly 2 or 3 yrs.? It's a really great scenario for this coming year though.....but, then the summer hits and I'll be laid-off once again.....ughhhh!! On the other side......if I did work for Mich. Center Schools I would probably never have to worry about this limbo mode, with the lay-off situation I am currently in right now. I would be at a much smaller district and there are some positive aspects to that type of district for me. But, would I ever find a teacher to job share with me?? This would mean another year of having to work full-time, maybe longer.... until, if and when, I found a person who would want to job share....Yikes!! All of these unknowns!!

Aiy, yi, yi !!! I don't know what to do??? Did I just create more confusion for myself??

Okay, I guess I'm way jumping the gun on this thing...I haven't even sent Dave my stuff yet and I haven't even been offered an interview...LOL!! But, I'm pretty sure I'm going to send him my info. and just see what happens......heck, I might not even be called for an interview, ha!, that would make my decision really easy!! And who's to say I'd even be offered the job if I did interview.?....I can't get too ahead of myself on this one.

3 comments:

K.M.L said...

Send in your stuff! That way...if it does work out and there is an opening, at least then you can make a decision. Also ask the 2nd grade teacher how long she is planning on job sharing... that might help with the decision too!

Anonymous said...

I would send your stuff in, Katie. YOu never know. Whatever is meant to be, will happen.

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Hey Katie! I would just send your stuff in. My husband is also an Elem. Teacher and interviewed LAST summer for a 1st grade position and didn't get it then, but was still kept on tab for anything else that opened up. Well it paid off. He just got hired to be the 6th grade Science teacher there as a year-long sub for someone on maternity leave. So even if you don't get the 5th grade position, it'll get your foot in the door for possibilities later! Good Luck and let us know!!